Chapter 15 - Attack

A few days had passed since the ceremony, and Scarlett felt overwhelmed by everything happening around her. For starters, she found herself in a sticky situation as she helped the younger kids with their school projects. Scarlett was the type of person who couldn't say no, and when she saw the kids struggling, her instinct to assist kicked in.

Once she finished helping them, she headed to the kitchen, hoping to find some lunch prepared. She discovered a plate of pizza rolls and settled onto the couch, turning on the TV. Meanwhile, Greyson and his friends were in a meeting. Scarlett was unaware of the meeting's purpose, only that another pack had come to discuss something important. After a while, she decided to check if the meeting had concluded, eager to see if Greyson would like to go out and relax with her.

As she approached the meeting room, the members of the other pack filed out, waving her goodbye. Puzzled, Scarlett entered the room to find Greyson looking more irritated than usual.

 Puzzled, Scarlett entered the room to find Greyson looking more irritated than usual

Scarlett approached Greyson, noticing his irritation more pronounced than usual. "So, how was the meeting?" she asked, trying to gauge his mood. "I don't wanna talk about it." he growled, frustration evident in his tone.

Scarlett felt a surge of annoyance; she hated being kept in the dark. Now that she was a Luna, she decided enough was enough. "Greyson, I am Luna, and I deserve to know what the meeting was all about." she insisted, crossing her arms defiantly.

He looked at Scarlett's stubborn expression and felt himself giving in

He looked at Scarlett's stubborn expression and felt himself giving in. "Just some rogues. They asked if they could join our pack, but I said no. They're not in the right condition to join." "And you get to decide that?" she crossed her arms over her chest, her brow raised. He looked at her, bewildered, surprised by her words. "Yes."

"Okay, but you should at least give them a chance." He sighed in annoyance. "So, is this what it's going to be like from now on? The good cop, bad cop?"

"Yes." she mocked him.

As he opened his mouth to respond, Connor burst in, looking worried. "Uh, Alpha?"

"What?" Greyson snapped.

"The Wolf Blood pack. They're attacking!"

He jumped to his feet. "What?" Scarlett saw the shock and concern etched on his face. A knot formed in her stomach; this was her first attack. Nervousness washed over her at the thought of needing to order her pack around, fearful she would make a mistake.