Chapter 13 - Hellen

That night for Greyson was undeniable the worst night of his life. He left the room after the revelation. He was in shock and he didn't know what to do anymore. What once was a day to look forward to was actually a night full of dreadful secrets. He was tired and exhausted. He passed the kitchen where Scarlett and Trainer stood and went up to his room.

As he passed her, Scarlett's heart raced as she noticed the glistening tears in his eyes. She excused herself from Trainer, her instincts guiding her through the narrow halls behind Greyson.

 After wandering through several unfamiliar bedrooms in the expansive house—a space she had yet to acclimate to—she discovered him lying face down on his bed, his muffled sniffling absorbed by the pillow. Carefully, she removed her heels and set them aside by the door, moving with a deliberate quietness as she approached him. Taking a seat on the edge of the bed, she paused, unsure whether to offer comfort by rubbing his back. When he turned to look at her, his gaze was devoid of expression. "Go away." 

"What did Rowhan do now?" she asked, a light chuckle escaping her lips. He sat up, his posture tense as he faced her. "If you're not leaving in the next few seconds, I will throw you out the window." he declared, attempting to sound stern. However, his voice faltered, cracking under the weight of his emotions and revealing the fragility beneath his bravado. She dismissed his futile threat with a gentle smile and enveloped him in a tight embrace, pulling him firmly against her chest, resolute in her intention never to let go.

 She dismissed his futile threat with a gentle smile and enveloped him in a tight embrace, pulling him firmly against her chest, resolute in her intention never to let go

He felt an overwhelming need for the embrace she offered, especially after everything that had transpired. At first, he tensed against her, but gradually he surrendered to the comfort and wrapped his arms around her, allowing tears to flow freely onto her shoulder. She patted his back gently from time to time, reassuring him that everything would be alright—words he desperately needed to hear, even if he wasn't fully aware of it himself.

After a while, he leaned against her, resting all his weight on her. When she finally pulled back, she noticed how exhausted he appeared, a small smile creeping onto her face at the sight of his endearing features. She carefully lowered him back onto his bed, draping a nearby blanket over him. An impulse surged within her, and before she could think twice, she pressed a soft kiss to his forehead, and whispered to him gently. "Goodnight." 

She resolved to uncover the source of his sadness, the depth of his tears compelling her to act. Aware that she might face repercussions if anyone discovered her eavesdropping, she knew she could only remain in the dark for so long. With careful steps, she crept behind the wall where six people were engaged in hushed conversation.

From her vantage point, she could see a woman on the floor, hiccupping softly, flanked by Rowhan and Christian, alongside Kai and an unfamiliar individual who knelt beside her. "This family has a lot of hidden secrets, doesn't it?" she thought, her curiosity piqued. "I was going to tell you and Greyson about all of this—" the woman sobbed, her voice cracking with emotion.