Just The Same Pt.2

|| I've decided to make a part 2 to this one-shot from some help and advice from readers on AO3. Recently decided to open an AO3 account for more advice from other avid readers and such, so if you'd like to relocate there to find me:

   https://archiveofourown.org/users/CatwentNugget/profile

Just copy the link and put it into your Google search bar and you'll find me! I'll still post here if you find this app to be more convenient, but I'll also be posting there as well. Enjoy!

It was the day after the fight had happened, Marinette was quickly folding Emma's clothes, towel, and other essentials into the bag. The bluenette was sorting through what was necessary and what she couldn't bother to deal with presently. Alya had invited the both of them to stay at their house for the time being, as of the present, their home wasn't exactly the safest.

"Mama?" Emma wobbled into the room, her hand against the wall for balance.

The bluenette quickly wiped the straying tears with her sleeve of her hoodie before turning to her daughter with a tired smile.

"Yes, baby?" She responds.

"What you doing?" The toddler asked, tilting her head slightly.

"We're- we're going to have a sleepover at Auntie Alya's." Marinette replied, waving her hand in front of Emma's pink suitcase.

"Yay! Aly! Aly!" Emma cheered before quickly making her way over to plop herself down on her mother's lap. "I help! I help too!" Emma insisted, making grabby hands at the pile of clothes.

Marinette playfully rolls her eyes before setting down the toddler and putting a few articles of clothing on the ground next to her. "Can you fold it up for me?" She asks, pointing at the small pile.

"Yeah! Yeah!" Emma responds before pulling a light blue shirt onto her lap. Marinette watches her daughter struggle to fold the shirt correctly. Emma's eyes narrowed in complete concentration as her tongue stuck out. Eventually, a toddler huffs before scrunching the shirt into a wrinkled ball and places it on the side. She continues with the few other pieces of clothing before pushing the slowly unravelling pile of scrunched up clothes.

"Here you go Mama," she says finally, her lips pulled up in a triumphant smile.

"Good job Em," Marinette says with a smile as she folds the final clothes and places them neatly into the bag.

"Can I bring some toys too?" Emma asks, pointing at her pile of stuffed animals and dolls.

"You can bring three, okay?" Marinette replies with a nod, pulling out a new luggage bag and sorting her clothes into it.

Emma nods before climbing to her feet and onto the bed, pulling a green turtle plush, a red ladybug plush, and an orange fox plush. "Got them!" She says cheerfully, rolling them off the side of the bed and climbing down to give to the bluenette.

"Alright, I'll put them in your backpack so you can carry them, okay?" Marinette suggests, holding the pink backpack.

"Okay!" The toddler agrees, waddling over to grab the backpack and neatly storing her plushes in the bag.

"Ready? Ready? We go see Aly and Nino!" Emma excitedly cheers, hopping around.

"Yes, yes Em. I'm almost done," Marinette chuckles, shaking her head slightly.

The bluenette stood up, grabbing the bags and luggage and then pocketing her phone into her jeans. Alya was waiting out in the driveway for the pair to make their way down. Marinette had advised Alya to stay outside just so Adrien wouldn't be so riled up.