FlashBack

|| 3rd POV ||

It was ten at night already, and across Paris, the city was asleep. Except for a certain bluebell eyed five-year old girl who sat on the chaise of her room with her dad, reading stories of daring kings and queens, smart princesses and daring princes, for the millionth time this week. Even with the repeated stories, she never gets bored of the stories these fantasies bring.

"Papa! I'm going to meet my Prince Charming one day, right?", the young five-year old bluenette said, looking to her father.

'That's right my little muffin.", he replies with a smile on his face.

"A-And he's going to be handsome and sweet and charming! Right?", young Marinette asks.

"Not always my muffin, he doesn't always have to be a handsome and charming prince. But as long as he has a kind heart, a loyal soul, and a protective side, he is all you need.", her father replies, brushing through her hair.

"Oh? But all these princesses have handsome and charming princes!", Marinette says, looking to her father for an answer.

"Yeah, well we aren't in a fairytale my little girl, we are in a more realistic world. Where there are many handsome and charming princes in this world, but only a few are truly princes.", he replies.

"Now, Marinette, it's time for bed my little muffin.", he says with a chuckle as he picks up the young bluenette and flies her around the room.

Marinette giggles with happiness and screams with joy as she flies, nearly touching the ceiling, around her room. The bottom trimming of her nightgown blows around as she soars across the room, in the hands of her father who laughs at his daughter's joy.

The trapdoor to the small loft, occupied by this young girl, opens and her mothers peeks through with a smirk on her face.

"Now, isn't it a bit late to be causing such noise?", she says, pulling herself up through the door.

Marinette hops down her father's giant hands and rushes to her mother for a hug. Sabine laughs as she accepts her daughter into her arms.

"Mama! Papa was telling me the stories of the princess and prince again!", the young girl says, darting over to the chaise and grabbing the book to bring back to her mother.

"Oh? Is that so? What did you read about this time?", her mother asks with a raised eyebrow.

"The prince helps wake up the princess from a magical sleep with true love's kiss! Papa told me that one day I'll meet my prince too! A kind, loyal, and protective one!", the bluenette replies with a big grin.

"Well then Papa is definitely right. One day you'll find your true love, if you look hard enough.", her mother says, picking up her daughter and taking the book out of her hand.

"But if she wants to begin searching, a certain blue-haired princess needs to sleep first!", Sabine jokes, putting the book on the desk and lifting her daughter up into her loft bed.

"Good idea Mama!", Marinette replies, hopping out of her mother's hand and crawling into her pink bed.

"Good night my little muffin.", Sabine says quietly, softly kissing her forehead.

"Night night Mama..", Marinette replies back with a big yawn.

The couple chuckles at their daughter's actions and quietly slip out of the room.

~

"M'Lady? Are you alright?", Chat asked, shaking the young spotted hero out of her memories.

"Y-Yeah, I'm alright Kitty.", the heroine replies back with a faint nod.

"You seemed to be in a moment there.", the black cat says.

"Yeah, I was just thinking about something someone very important to me had said.", Ladybug replies with a soft chuckle, glancing off into the sunset the was going across Paris.

"Oh? What was it Bugaboo?", Chat asked with a hint of curiosity.

"It was silly.", the heroine replies with embarrassment building in her voice.

"It wouldn't be silly if it was important M'Lady.", Chat assures with a grin.

Ladybug smiles at her feline partner and looks back out at the sky.

"They told me, that if I looked hard enough, I'd find my true love. My charming prince.", the spotted heroine says with a smile as she looks back at Chat Noir.

"Oh. Have you found him?", Chat says with a faint hint of jealousy.

"Yeah. He's been with me all along. And I wouldn't trade him for anything in this world.", Ladybug says with a soft laugh as she leans onto Chat's shoulder.

"I'm glad then for you, M'Lady.", Chat replies with a smile and leans his head against hers.

Love always finds their way.