The One That Got Away

The two heroes continued running, trying to draw SandBoy further away from the majority of Paris' population.

It had been a good hour so far, and they hadn't gotten close enough. They've assumed HawkMoth had upgraded the akuma. His power isn't the same like the last time.

It's more- consuming. There isn't a physical nightmare, but it's like the dreams and nightmares are their minds. Which seems like a trap in itself.

"Ladybug!" Chat called out, flying at her to knock her away from the blast.

The two tumbled off the roof, catching themselves and slipping into an alley.

"What are we going to do?" He asked.

"I-I don't know, give me a second." Ladybug replied, rubbing her temples.

"I'll buy you some time then," he nodded, jumping out and directing the akuma away.

"Lucky charm!" She called out, catching a blanket.

"What on earth am I supposed to do with this?" She questions.

"Maybe it's telling you to take a nap." SandBoy whispered, pressing a hand to her temple.

"LADYBUG!" Chat yelled, swinging his baton to throw off the akuma.

But then, the damage had already been caused.

Ladybug's eyes glowed a bright purple before she toppled over, collapsing. Chat caught her only mere seconds before she hit the cobble.

SandBoy snickered before turning to leave. One of the heroes had been neutralized, it was only a matter of time and waiting.

"Ladybug! Can you hear me?" Chat asked, checking her pulse and her breathing.

She was alive, but asleep? A deep sleep?

"Dammit, what do I do?" The blonde muttered, scanning around.

He caught on to the Lucky Charm blanket and his eyes widened. If the Lucky Charm is used, Ladybug only has about five minutes before she detransforms.

"Shit," he frantically, wrapped her in a blanket and carried her up.

~

Marinette woke up to a bright white room. It was eerily silent. To the point where she could hear her own heartbeat, the subtle inhale and exhale through her nose.

"Hello?" She called out.

Nothing.

The bluenette got up and walked, maybe there was an end. Or someone. Or anything.

There wasn't. It was just more empty walls. Empty, bright, and white.

And then, she saw a window. Quickly, she sprinted over to it, in hopes to unlatch it. Nothing.

"For god's sake," she muttered, peering out the window.

When she touched the ledge again, color sparked from the plain white window. With a jolt, she jumped back as she watched the room slowly shift from the blank white to— her bedroom?

With a frown, she stepped away from the window and towards the mirror. A reflection was there, giving her the assumption that she wasn't in a dream. The bluenette stared at her reflection for a moment longer, freezing to realize her earrings weren't on.

In a panic, she threw her hands to her ears for an attempt at reassurance. Nothing was there. Frantically, she got to the floor and searched for the earrings.

"Mari?" Alya chuckled, "what are you doin' girl?"

Marinette jumped and turned to face the brunette.