Chapter 16

Good evening! It's been a while, I know, I know. Thank you all for your lovely comments to my last chapter and all the DM's❤ I was literally squealing while reading them and felt inspired to keep writing more and more,  until it got out of hand and I ended up with a chapter that has 15.000 words. You have waited long enough for this!!!!
New Felix content for my Oneshot book is also on the way👁👄👁👌

The lost boy's words echoed inside your head like a silent explosion, repeating themselves, as if it would help you to comprehend them. You tried to find the perfect response, but no matter how hard you tried, there was none. There was a curiosity burning inside your guts. It tingled behind your eyes and crept its way down your neck. With widened eyes and mouth agape, you looked unbelieving in Felix's softened face. So many questions swirled inside your head, but each of them runned quickly past you like a wild river, making it unable to grasp a single thought as confusion slowly overcame you.

'Who is Sopha?' You stammered and blinked nervously with your eyes as your heartbeat paced up. 

'I told you her name.' 

For fucks sake, he did, but the occasion demanded far more information than a name, no matter how risky it was. Sopha was the first lost girl and instead of killing her, Felix obviously hid her from Pan. Not much information, but enough to understand more about the second in commands rebellious nature. A roaring fire spread inside your body, filled you with a feverish feeling of being proud to be right. He was not the monster you always assumed him to be.

'I trust you.' You said after a while, and for the first time you truly meant it. There was no reason to believe the lanky lost boy would lie and it made even perfectly sense not to talk about it. The second in command gave you a surprisingly warm smile, showing you his white palette of perfectly rowed teeth, as he squinted his eyes- almost like a little boy whose soul was kept behind bars for too long. Trusting did not mean forgiving.

'But you have to trust me, too.' You added, but the lost boy's eyes were telling you he already did. The grinning was like being glued onto his lips and his eyes seemed to melt as he heard your words. 

'I need to meet her.' 

The smile dropped. He slowly shook his head and his eyes widened in terror. 'It's too dangerous, he… he…' Felix made a small pause and scanned the surroundings. 'Let's go somewhere else.' 

The boy turned on his heels, so his face would vanish underneath his hood again. You followed him further into the forest, along a small overgrown path, far away to be unheard of, until you reached a small river. He was paranoid, that was a clear understatement. If Pan would ever hear something, he would act immediately.

'You want to teach me fishing again?' You questioned jokingly and remembered how he slipped the last time, then how you played in the water and- you regretted saying that to him, as you remembered the many times he had seemed to try kissing you. He had done it so obvious and still you were filled with doubt and shoved the thought aside. Maybe you hoped for it, missing the warm feeling of another human being next to you and he was the closest thing to hold on to. The possibility of you just overthinking was there and should not be underestimated. In the one moment you caught yourself dreaming of him, but in the next one you doubted every feeling towards the dreary boy. It was tiring, an on-and-off , in which he would try to hide his emotions, making it harder for you to sort your emotions.

Felix chuckled and gave you a playful, warning look. It warmed your heart. As you followed the second in command along the river, none of you said a single word and an awkward silence accompanied you through your walk. You tried your best not to look at him and felt even relieved that he hid behind that green cloak.