Chapter 11

MaddDevil
peterpanonneverland

Thomas's strange behaviour worried you, he had never acted like this before towards you, and you never thought he would

Thomas's strange behaviour worried you, he had never acted like this before towards you, and you never thought he would. It has to be a big secret the boys kept, something dark and dangerous. No one was telling you anything, as if they did not want you to know. You wished Javier was still with you, even if the picture of him was still strange to you. It was unsure to you if he was worthy to trust, yet it was always him who tried telling you things. Him only. Thomas on the opposite did not want you to know as it seems, you couldn't explaun his tenper. Maybe he was scared.
You could not think straight, there was too many to find out, forbidden but not impossible. But how in the hell could you find out, what could have happened to some girls, who might have lived here on Neverland before. You were not even sure if this was true, or if Javier only wanted to scare you- No. Thomas wouldn't have reacted this way if this was just a simple game to them.

Mindgames, this was something Pan was good at. Your head spun around, eyes searching for the green devil, but he was not around. But still, like so many days before, you felt watched, as if thousand eyes were staring at you, observing you.

Relax, he is not here.

He wasn't here, but he did something worse- Pan thought about new games. You did not feel like playing games ever again, sooner or later someone would get killed during it. His second in command got hit by an arrow! You sat on that log for an eternity, the sun slowly moved down again and you weren't sure what to do- keep sitting there until someone wanted something from you, or taking the advantage of being alone again to go and leave, find something on this Island that would give you informations. Otherwise, the boys would kill you if they saw you sniffing around. They didn't like that.

Finally you stood up, stretched your legs and you did not even thought about your next actions. Your legs moved forward, one step, two steps, three- they brought you into the forest, where you was greeted by way more sun and the smell of pinewood. Whenever you walked through the forest you felt like you were home, like this was the place you've always belonged to. Not doubt at all, no worries about the lost boy's opinions, especially not Felix's. His words hurt the most. He had always something to freak out about, nothing you did would please him. He could never be satisfied with anything. It wasn't your fault that he had a miserable life, that the days were rough and that he had to help lead other ruthless boys- which sounded quite pleasant to be fair. You couldn't understand his anger, the temper of a bull was compared to him quite well restrained.

Suddenly something appeared in your eye that caught your attention, there was this one treehouse, far away but yet visible, and you wondered whom it belonged to. It looked old from here but if you would go and take a closer look, it might reveal some  secrets of whatever was to find out. You paced up your speed and climbed over fallen trees and through thick bushes, the way was rough and you were sure this treehouse was abandoned. There was no path leading towards it but you did not mind getting scratched by some twigs to get there. As soon as you approached the old tree, your stomach began to growl again. You were still hungry.