Chapter 12

Thank you for waiting so long! I finally did it, 8

Thank you for waiting so long! I finally did it, 8.000 words, Chapter 12! I put so much effort in this, and it would really make me happy to hear your opinions on it :)

Your heart sank to the bottom of your body, feeling like desperately wanting to leave and go back inside, acting like you haven't seen anything.

In front of you stood a hollering crowd, circling like animals around two fighting boys. You hated these fights, every cell in your body screamed at you to leave, to decline watching. Still, your feet carried you uncontrollably to the sounds of grunts and colliding bones. You didn't have to take a peak to already know who was fighting- at least one of the fighters were easy to identify.  Slowly squeezing through the tightly pressed together bodies, you found yourself in the front row, having the perfect view of Felix, straddling a boy's chest and constantly beating his head. The other boy, you assumed it must be Beau, held his arms up, badly trying to cover himself, but Felix was too strong. The second in command kept pushing the lost boy's arms aside, beating senseless into his chubby moon-face. The scene was way too horrid to watch, the blood run down Beau's face like rivers from a mountain, he was unrecognisable by now. 

Everything went so quick. A cracking sound filled the clearing and Beau started to gurgle on his own blood. You closed your eyes, feeling tears forming in them as you saw the cruelty of the second in command again and so soon. The memory of how gentle he was after the first game appeared in your mind and you tried to focus on it, in hope he wasn't a monster at all. 

At the sound of your whining, the second in commands head turned towards you. As he detected you standing in the cheering crowd, Felix's stormy eyes slightly widened and he dropped his bloody fists. There was a big bruise on his face and he had a bloody nose, at least one hit that Beau must have performed perfectly and neat. For a long moment your eyes met and got stuck onto each other. You slowly started to shake your head, a few tears rolling down your skin.

'What is wrong with you?' You choked out, barely audible, before someone else caught attention. 

Pan stood aside the crowd, piled up on a high rock like a king on his throne. A mischievous grin spread across his unimpeachable, pretty face, as he looked over to his victorious second in command. Felix presses his teeth together and jumped to his feet, waiting for his leader to speak. 

'That was funny, wasn't it?' The green devil chuckled and glanced into the round. 

It wasn't.

Beau could have been killed, if he wasn't already by now. The boy looked far away from okay. You still could not believe all this cruelty, even after witnessing it with your own eyes so many times. There must be more behind those cold souls of lost boys. 

Pan jumped from his high place, down onto the ground, slowly strutting towards his loyal boys. You quickly wiped off the tears from your face before anyone noticed them. Every lost boy was excited, they hollered and joggled around, already teasing and playing little fights against each other.