Why are comments so important to me?

First of all: Thanks to all who give me those sweet comments on Gloom ❤ It makes me so happy that you appreciate all the time I invest to create this story.  Your opinion is very dear to me and it is the highlight of my day to read them and answer to them❤

Yet, I often have a lack of feedback on my texts, why I get frustrated and less motivated with each time I update. I thought I could fix this problem with writing between 8.000-10.000 words. It did slightly, but compared to the reads? I'll tell you why this is so important to me.

1.

‘’WHY do writers want comments? I don’t owe them, I don’t give every book I read a feedback!’’ 

Comments. They are a real issue when it comes to publish your story and expect people react. There are a lot of reasons for a lot of things and we need to talk about each of them.

First, the statement above. That is so wrong. A well written Book costs money and will be reviewed by many people. My fanfiction doesn’t cost you money and it’s published on a site with a comment section. Why do I need your feedback? Well, it’s easy to answer that question. I write a lot of chapters with a lot of words, I spent time researching and thinking about the plot and world. In the moment I publish the story I hope to make you happy and excited- things I often never find out. I need those comments to find a motivation to keep writing, those comments bless my feed!
When I write 10.00 0 words with my heart and soul, it really crushes me to see no comments or just ‘’Love this, please update’’. When I publish the NEXT chapter and the same happens, a third chapter won’t be written. At least not by me. For what reason? Myself? I rather keep daydreaming tbh.

I spent hours writing it and you don’t even wanna tell me IF or what exactly you liked? (how comments can look like see nr. 2 ) Nothing is more impolite than telling a reader that you expect him to update quick without even telling them how you liked it and what you liked (and ‘I love it’, is a very vague statement). I WANT to write for you! It makes me so happy, but I just wanna know how you feel about it...

I killed Gleb off in Chapter 14. Only bothered one person. Felix put the reader in a cage so I assume you want more abuse and no romance?

I am joking but I am also serious, I don’t see it when you smile or put that phone away to take a breath because that scene made you breathless. Even if you do not like some things- tell me. I can’t improve things I don’t see as wrong. There are so many informations in my head that I don’t know if I already revealed them! So when you are surprised by a scene I am so fucking happy because I really managed to make it thrilling!!

2. 
‘’I never know what to say.’’

Do you really don’t know or you just don’t want to think about it? Imagine you write a fanfic and the comments look like this:

‘’PLZ UPDATE!!!!’’

‘I HOPE YOU UPDATE QUICK I LOVE IT.’

‘I Love this so much.’

Those comments are there and- well, nice? They don’t help me improve, they don’t give me any ideas (BC I am looking CONSTANTLY for ideas to write), they don’t tell me what made you feel like that. The same comments a little changed look so different:

‘PLZ UPDATE I AM DYING TO FIND OUT (What happens next/ How this happened/ etc)’

‘I HOPE YOU UPDATE QUICK I LOVE HOW YOU (describe the scene or person or whatever/ how you make them realistic/ make plot twists/ make it thrilling/etc)’’

‘I died when I read that (name) did (some action)

Those look way better don’t they? I get notifications of a comment, open it, read ‘’Plz Update’’ and delete what I wrote yet- ok no I don't. But It disappoints me. The other example instead warms my heart and I really like to answer and talk to those who comment because you are all dear to me. There are a lot of things I wish to read because I am insecure and think my story is shit- you can tell me as often as you want that this is good stuff, as long as I don’t have the slightest clue of your emotions I feel sad. What do I wanna know? Good question!

Comment on that part that makes your heart skip, or scares you- simply wakes an emotion and tell me WHAT emotion!

Tell me how I describe it- is it enough? Can you picture those people? Can you picture those environments?

When romance appears- is it a good one with logic? ( no girl would fuck a boy who is mean and treats her like shit for example.)

Is it long enough? 

How bad sucks my into english translated german grammar haha

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT??? (MY FAVOURITE!!!!!)

What do you WISH would happen (love that one too ahhh)

Did you expect what happens in the situation? Was it good or bad?

Are the chapters long enough? Do you want more words?

With comments it’s just like with fanfic: Show don’t tell. 
commenting that your heart is now broken from a very long chapter does not explain to me why and if it means I am such a good writer that It did. You don’t have to talk about the whole chapter, talk about the little scenes! 

3.

‘I read it but didn’t feel a thing or simply don’t like it.’’

That is fully okay and understandable- yet, why don’t you take 10 seconds to tell the writer what was wrong or what you missed in this chapter so they can improve? 

‘I don’t like how you rush the romance.’

‘The romance is so rushed thats why your smut falls flat.’

‘I don’t want smut, I want tension and emotions.’’

You see, those are my personal preference- I want to read what makes them love each other and when they HATE each other and slowly fall in love, let it be slowly.
I like to tease the readers a little and put small informations in each chapter so you’ll find something out over the time, but if you do not like it, let me know!
I am writing and writing and I don’t want to beg for more comments that make me happy too.

I already believe reading on the phone contributed to the lack of reviews, and of course, time is always a factor. I can't speak for anyone else but unless someone wrote "OMG THZ IS GUD PLZ WRITE MORE I AM DYING TO FIND OUT IF HE REALLY (..) AND WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN(...) !'  I won't go into an writing the next chapter mode when it comes to reviews. To be honest I start writing the next chapters when I have the amount of comments that satisfy me.
As far as the 'We don't owe them reviews', well, sad, but true.

Nice to get them though.

You do not owe me, I don’t want you to owe me a thing. I just started writing when no one else did and the fandom got bigger and bigger, almost feels like a family.

I don’t need an essay, just a small emotion- what would you like to read as feedback?

Do you understand my problem and lack of motivation??

Btw: I started chapter 15 and also another Book called "Beast". If anyone's interested I'll tell you more about it!!!