Chapter 2. Reminisce

A.N. Hey guys this is my smut warning for you. Whenever I put a * that is when it is going to begin so if you would like to skip over it then you can, you won't miss any story but other than that, please enjoy.

Days after Until Dawn: 1

The questionings that the group had gone through were tough.

They each had to explain exactly what they had been doing. Go through every moment for a second time so the officers knew that they were all telling the truth.

Every survivor thought that Josh was dead. Well, every survivor apart from Mike.

"He might be alive?"

"Yes, I said might and I meant might."

"Why do you say that?"

"God damnit. Are you even listening to me? The Wendigo was down there, in the mine. It grabbed my leg first, pulled me under, then it let go. It grabbed Josh and held him up and he said it was Hannah and he was dragged away and I hid. I didn't see it kill him, he might be dead but like I said, he might be alive."

"The mine. Your friend Sam told us to go down there too. Is this your way of trying to get one of us killed too?"

"What? Why would I-"

"Emily said you pulled a gun on her, almost shot her."

Mike crossed his arms and gave the investigator a look.

"I would never do that. We were scared. She got bit by one of those things, did she tell you that? We weren't sure whether or not we were safe from her turning into one."

The investigators looked skeptical but Mike didn't care.

"Okay, fuck you. Are we done here?"

The investigators let him storm out of the room and took his note to go look in the mines. It was clear he didn't have anything to do with his friend's disappearance.

Everyone from the group had been taken to seperate hospital rooms. They were all near each other but most of them didn't think standing was an option.

Mike had been diagnosed with PTSD but he didn't seem to be bothered by it. He still had episodes sometimes but it had only happened when he was alone.

Then again, alone was all he seemed to be ever since they had all gotten off the mountain.

He remembered when everyone besides he and Sam had gotten out and it was just them two left inside.

He could have ran out after the first three but he had waited. At first, he couldn't put his finger on why he had stayed. But it all came down to the one thing inside the lodge that he needed to come out.

Sam.

She had saved him when he was going to get attacked. She didn't need to do that. He would have died if she had been the one to get attacked instead of him. He wasn't sure why he felt like he needed to protect her.

It may have been because he wasn't able to protect Jessica or that they had been together when he came back to the lodge, alone and afraid of what might happen to him.

She needed his rescue, he needed hers. They had depended on each other that night for the first time in their friendship. At first he thought Sam didn't like him very much ever since the prank but when they had been to the wake for the twins he knew he had been wrong.

He and Sam had a complicated relationship. He didn't really know what to call it and neither did she so they decided to label themselves as friends.