Chapter 15. Homecoming Game

Days After Until Dawn: -837

October 20, 2012

It was his first year at his new school and yet, he had done so much better than he thought he would've. His family had just moved to Alberta. They hadn't been too far away but far enough so that he would have to start over.

That apparently wasn't as hard for him as his parents thought it would be. He was a year younger than Josh but that didn't stop him from blossoming.

He had met everyone in his grade. Most of them at least. Once he had, they had all voted him to be the class president which had only made his popularity sky rocket. All the girls he could ask for wanted him.

He had met every one of them and they were all the same. He didn't mind too much but it still didn't add too much to his life. Relationship and then break up. He would just repeat the cycle over and over.

There was never a girl that wanted something serious which he was glad for. Seriousness terrified him. He had never found someone he wanted to be serious with and he never thought he would.

At 16 years old, he felt like he was older than he really was. He looked it too. Which was hard for him especially when juniors and even seniors were hitting on him.

"Hey Mike! Get your ass over here!" Josh called.

He jogged over to where Josh was and saw that there were some other friends of Josh's that were already standing with him.

Mike smiled at them but he had no idea who they were. Sure, he had seen them around before but they didn't mean he really knew them. When he said he knew everyone in his grade, that usually just meant he knew of them. Not their names or anything involving that.

Josh looked in between Mike and his other friends. "So, Class President huh? What's that like?" A girl asked him.

She was so beautiful. He had never really seen anyone like her. He was transfixed on her eyes. The way that they looked almost hazel but with a lot of green specs in them. "It's exhausting. But it helps with everyone knowing you and I guess I'm pretty good at it since I got voted in." He said.

Josh looked at them, a certain jealousy in his eyes. He never said anything and no one even noticed the way that he was looking but he was jealous. He didn't like how easily Mike could talk to Her.

"I'm Mike." He said.

She shook his hand. "Sam." She said back.

She looked behind her at two other girls and introduced them as Hannah and Beth.

Mike nodded to them and he could tell almost immediately that Hannah felt something about him. He could see the way her eyes twinkled whenever he smiled at her.

He wasn't going to say that she wasn't pretty but he didn't know whether or not it would work out. And he wanted to stay friends with Josh. Dating his sister wouldn't be the best bet to staying by him.

Plus he wanted to get to know Sam. At least a little better. Chris he had already met when he introduced himself to Josh.

He met Emily and Jess already. Both popular and pretty. They both seemed to like him which he thought was going to be difficult. He didn't want to turn down one and get with the other. Though he thought he'd have to do it soon.

But then there was her. The girl of his dreams right in front of him. That's what he always thought though. How could he even be sure this time.

He wanted to get to know her sure, but he didn't want to get into a relationship with her. He knew it would turn into something he was scared of. And he didn't want to lose Sam.