Chapter 7. Visitor

Days after Until Dawn: 9

Josh awoke to see someone in his doorway. It hadn't scared him, he had a tolerance for fear now.

He wasn't expecting this visitor though.

"Hey Josh."

He couldn't really move considering his new injuries.

He tried. He did. Amnesia wasn't easy to come by.

He had asked to go to the bathroom and even with a worker outside, he decided that was the only chance he was going to have when he wasn't being monitored.

He hit his head against the wall. Normally that would hurt but considering it was hard for him to feel most things besides hunger, it wasn't that bad.

He did it again. Again. He didn't even know how many times he did it but that was the only part he had forgotten. Not what he wanted to forget.

He got dragged out of the bathroom by two workers and even though he tried to fight against them, he was weak and tired.

They had brought him back into his room and they had him tied to his bed. He couldn't move his arms. His legs were free but there was nothing he could do to his head with them.

They had considered putting something around his neck but they didn't want to be too harsh. He'd get one warning and then he would have his neck tied down as well.

He hadn't tried to do anything anyway. They had bandaged his head which was bleeding a considerable amount.

They kept him on painkillers and his normal medication but they didn't use too much just in case mixing the meds would create some sort of reaction. The pain was still there.

It was hard for him to keep his eyes open with his heavy sedation. But at the sound of the voice, he perked up.

"Mike? What are you doing here?" He asked.

He looked around and finally realized that Mike was the only one in the room with him.

"Where- where's Sam?"

Mike sighed and had his arms crossed. "Look man, Sam is your emergency contact. She insisted even though the doctors and I both told her she shouldn't. We- She got a call the other night. I picked it up, heard what happened. She doesn't know." Mike explained.

Josh nodded.

It was the first time they had been alone together since the wake. Even then, that wasn't really Josh. But is it really him now too?

"Why'd you do that?" Mike asked. He pointed towards his own head whilst he looked at Josh's.

Josh shrugged. "Wanted to forget."

Mike nodded. "Most of us do." They made eye contact.

"Sam included." Mike said.

Josh nodded. He didn't really know what to say. Josh pursed his lips.

"You know that isn't going to help? Forgetting. You need to know what happened. What you did." Josh shook his head. He wanted to put his hands in front of his face but he couldn't break them free.

No matter how much he tried.

"We all did fucked up things that night. Hell, I almost shot Em. I almost got Jess killed. I couldn't save her from that hell she was in."