Chapter 12. Fight

Days After Until Dawn: 12

Ashley had been pacing around the house for what seemed like hours. She didn't know when was the right time but Chris said the longer she waited, the worse it would be.

She needed to call her. She couldn't bear asking her to meet somewhere. That and she didn't want to go outside again. Not the same day at least.

Chris had decided on taking a shower after the whole thing. Washing away the experience itself. That's all she could assume anyway.

She remembered the helicopter ride off of the mountain. Emily had been glaring at her the same way she had with Mike at the wake.

She didn't think Emily would be as mad as she was but she had openly avoided her ever since she was off of the mountain. She even looked disappointed when she saw Ashley had made it out of the lodge.

Sure, she was mad at Mike too but with Ashley it was different. Emily pushed her out of the way to get out. To live. If Ashley hadn't reacted and caught herself she would've died.

When it happened she had been so full of adrenaline that she didn't really notice how much danger she was in.

She was mad at Emily but she would never admit that. She couldn't. She had almost gotten Emily killed and Emily never would have pushed her if she just kept her mouth shut.

She looked at her phone and her finger hovered over Emily's name. She had never been that fond of Emily but she had been friends with them because- well because she knew Jessica. And even now, Jessica didn't even like her. At least that's what Ashley thought.

She placed her phone down on the counter and put her hands in her hair. She had lost her beanie to the rangers and the workers at the hospital. They needed it to study because there was so much blood on it. She tried to tell them that it wasn't real blood, just part of Josh's prank. But they took it anyway.

It had been her favorite beanie but that didn't stop them either. She didn't know why they needed to test the blood. There was no real reason to. Josh could back up her story along with Chris. Maybe not Josh, now that she thought about it.

Ashley heard Chris open the shower curtain and that's what broke her from her thoughts.

"No more stalling." She said.

She picked up her phone and instead of hovering over Emily's name, she just pressed it.

She held the phone up to her ear and listened to it ring. It abruptly stopped after two rings. She looked at her phone and had the option to call again or end it all together.

She called again. She thought maybe Emily had declined her call, but this was important. If she didn't want to talk for long then Ashley just wouldn't apologize and get straight to the point.

Three rings and then nothing again. "Third times the charm." She said, calling back again.

This time, Emily answered on the first ring. "What the hell do you want?" She asked. If she had been standing in front of Emily, she was sure that she would've spit on her. "I need to talk to you."

Emily sneered. "Yeah, no shit."

Ashley put her hand to her head and massaged a spot where she could feel a headache coming on.

"Look alright, I wanted to call you for two reasons and if you don't have time then it doesn't matter because you need to hear this. Back at the lodge- I didn't mean to encourage Mike to point that gun at you. I didn't know what was happening, I was scared. And I was worried. I thought that maybe if you turned into one you'd turn on us and the same thing would happen to us that happened to that guy with the flamethrower."