Chapter 5. Experimental

Days after Until Dawn: 9

"Josh?" "Hey Josh?" Josh woke up to the sound of two voices calling out to him. He at first thought that it was another hallucination. Something he would have to fight off like the many versions he had seen in the mine.

He wasn't even sure what was real and what wasn't then. He didn't like the think about it either. He opened his eyes to see a pair that he never expected to again.

Mike and Sam stood in front of his bed, both of them almost clinging to each other. "Hi guys." He said. Sam scoffed at him.

"Hi guys? That's all you have. How are you- how are you alive? Mike said he thought you died from a Wendigo. When we heard that you were alive we thought that maybe they had made a mistake, it couldn't be you. But here you are. Good as new."

Josh smiled. "I wouldn't say good as new." He lifted up his arm which was in a cast. "Sprain. I think.." He trailed off.

There was a a awkward silence that filled the room after Josh's words. Mike hadn't said a word since they walked in but him being good with words, as he usually was, broke the silence.

"Look man, we didn't just come here to say hi." Mike started. Josh was at full attention as he could already guess what Mike wanted to say.

"What you did to us on the mountain- Sam, Ashley, Chris. I don't know if we can just forgive and forget it. We understand that you weren't on your meds but what you did was fucked up. Even your therapist told you not to. It would be a mistake. But you did it anyway. We're not going to ignore you and leave, but things aren't gonna be the same way that they were."

Josh nodded. "I know. I... I know." He stuttered. He clutched his pill bottle in both of his hands and it was the only thing that his eyes could look at.

"There's nothing I can say, is there?" He looked up for a brief second and was met with Mike and Sam both diverting their eyes.

"I'm sorry." He said to them. It was the only thing that came into his mind that would be acceptable to say. Having his pills now, in his system, made him realize how insane his plan actually was.

Going after his friends because of what they did to his sisters. And he hadn't even gone after the right ones. Apart from Ashley, Sam and Chris had no part of it. If anything, he had made them get out of the lodge.

"It was stupid. It was fucked up Mike, you're right." Josh said.

The silence that had filled the room before, was back and worse than ever. None of them knew how to break it this time. Not even Mike. Each of them stayed in their places as a thought finally popped into Josh's brain.

"What happened?" He asked.

The pair that stood in front of him gave him a questioning look, each of them thinking he may be having another episode.

"What do you mean?" Mike countered.

"On the mountain. What happened after I was gone?" Josh asked.

Mike looked at Sam. "Are you gonna be alright with this?" He asked her. The two had shared a lot of their screams with one another and a lot of their nightmares along with it.

Sam had it the worst. From the first night she had gotten there, it had gotten a little better but it was still hard for her to talk about with Mike's constant touch to remind her that she was safe.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Sam said. She wasn't. He knew that. But he didn't want to call her out in front of Josh. "If you're not you can leave whenever you want." Mike whispered. She nodded to him.