Chapter 9. Prom

Days After Until Dawn: -648

"Alright Mikey, you got this. You got it. You are Class Prez. You are Mr. Cool. And for whatever reason, you get all the ladies. Don't fail me now." He was pointing at himself in the mirror and checking himself out in his suit and tie.

"Tie? What is this a funeral?" He laughed at himself and grabbed a bowtie to put it in his tie's place and straightened out his blazer.

April 25th, 2013

It felt like a lifetime ago. But in reality it was only a little less than two years ago.

He still lived with his parents then, along with his father. He hadn't stood up to him and the Mike that was going to prom then, didn't plan on standing up to his father any time soon. He was terrified of what might happen if he did.

He was only 17 then along with the rest of them apart from Ashley who was 16 and Josh who was 18. Chris hadn't yet gotten to his birthday so he stayed in the 17 group.

They had all been talking about prom for weeks on end. Hannah was so excited for it. She had been wanting to go to prom since she figured out what it was.

He didn't want to lead her on, but Mike swore he would save a dance for her.

He walked out of his room once he was ready and nodded to his mother.

"You're going now?" She asked him.

"Yeah. Limo's outside." He said.

She smiled at him.

He walked towards her and gave her a hug. "I'll snag a few pictures for you, I promise." He said to her.

She smiled wider than she had been as he kissed her cheek.

"Have a nice night." She said to him. He bowed and walked outside, leaving his mother and heading towards the limo.

That night was one of the good ones. His father had already wasted all of his energy on yelling about the football game.

His mother basically had the house to herself. Which was a gift all on it's own.

"Hey guys!" Mike greeted. He saw Hannah was sticking out of the open roof of the limo as he smiled her way.

He could see her immediately blush but he didn't mind. Tonight was going to be a good night.

He got in and saw that Sam, Emily, Hannah and Beth were in the car.

"Where's Josh?" He asked, settling on a seat in between Sam and Emily.

"Running late. He's gonna drive, said he'll meet us there." Beth explained.

He saw Emily obviously staring at him but he ignored it, instead locking eyes with Sam.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey." She said back, a slight smile playing on her lips.

He looked down at what she was wearing. A pink dress with black diamonds as a pattern that flowed down until the end. Her makeup was done but not too much so that she was unrecognizable. Emily had that problem.

"You look great." Mike said.

Sam looked him up and down as well. Mike looked at his own outfit which was a little boring compared to hers.

"Yeah, you do too." Even then the fire burned. Though they only acted on it later.

Hannah got down from where she was standing and then sat down in the seat next to Beth.