Chapter 13. Bad Luck

Days After Until Dawn: 12

Luck had never really been on his side. He knew that for a fact.

After all, it was his sisters that had died. It was his friends that were put into danger. It was him who was the only one left on that mountain.

He was afraid that being found was the last of his good luck. What he found out later, only helped to prove it.

"Excuse me, I need to talk to Josh Washington." He heard from the hall. There were two sets of footsteps. He knew it was bad that there was two. Why would two people be trying to see him?

"Right this way. He's still in recovery. You have to be gentle with how you speak to him, some things can set him off and you would have no idea. He is being monitored so rest assured, if anything is to happen, we will be there as soon as we see it."

Josh rolled his eyes. "Fucking prick." He spat. His doctors were idiots. They talked about him like he wasn't even there. They acted like he was some crazy lunatic that would snap and go on a rampage.

He was on his meds, he was normal. The only thing he had done recently was try to hurt his head. He hadn't been trying to severely damage his face or whatever the hell they had said.

They had him tied down and he needed an escort to do anything. It was like he was in prison.

He saw Sam and Mike come into his room as the doctor behind them shut the door.

They both looked at each other and then back at him, almost in sync. He hated it. They were treating him like a baby. But he knew they were only doing it out of precaution.

He looked towards Mike and he remembered their talk only a few days earlier. He needed to get better. For Sam.

He put on a brave face as he was ready to face the music from her, but instead he got something completely different.

She walked up to him and hugged him. She actually hugged him. He looked towards Mike and he just nodded at him. Josh knew that he hadn't told Sam. He wasn't sure if that's what this was about but when Sam broke away from Josh and gave him a sad smile, he knew there was something else.

"We'll come on, I know there's something. I've seen those looks before." He said.

Sam sighed and she tried to speak but before she could say anything, Mike stepped up. "Chris and Ashley were out, shopping. The only reason we knew about it was we saw them, on the news." He paused.

Josh had a confused look on his face but he kept his mouth shut. He didn't know what was going to happen but he knew it was bad.

"The Wendigos. Those things on the mountain, they're back. At least two, from what we've heard. We aren't sure where they are now but they were at the store where Chris and Ash were and they barely got out of there."

Josh felt his whole world crumble around him. He had his head back on his bed. He couldn't move his hands. He wanted to put them over his face. It was a coping mechanism he had from his therapy sessions with Dr. Hill.

He wondered what he would say now if he could see him. He was a harsh therapist usually but that's what made Josh listen. And they both knew that.

"Fuck." Josh said. Mike and Sam both walked a little closer to Josh and then they each sat down on either side of his bed.

"I'm sorry Josh, I didn't know how else to tell you and I know we had to get it out at some point." Sam explained.

Mike had his arms crossed and his voice low. "You're gonna have to stay with us. Or someone else of the group if you want to. Once you're done in here, you need to come with us or Chris and Ash." He said.