19.

“Woah, is this the new restaurant that recently opened up?” Taemin questioned, eyes scanning the luxurious chandeliers and the vintage vibes it gave off.

“Yeah, I figured you'd like something like this,” Jimin chuckled, stopping by the receptionist. “Table for two, under Park Jimin.”

“Ah yes,” She gestured forward, walking ahead of them to the table. “This way.”

They trailed behind her, Taemin's eyes haven't stopped twinkling as he looked around the expensive paintings that lined the walls and wooden floor that was furnished so well. He bent towards Jimin's ear.

“How expensive is this place? Because I'm sure as hell, splitting the bill.” Taemin protested, shoving his hands into the depths of his pockets.

“Oh don't worry, it's on me. I got a discount because it's the first time we booked a table,” Jimin says, taking a seat once they reached their table. “And besides, I planned more for our date. This is just the start.”

“Here is your menus, out waiter will be with you in five minutes.”

Jimin and Taemin flipped over the menu booklet and his jaw shackled. “I hope that was a pretty big discount you got because holy shit.”

“Stop looking at the prices!” Jimin chastised, kicking the older under the table.

“Why'd you bring me here, then!” Taemin shot back, returning the nudge under the table. “You know I'd be happy, wherever we go. As long as you're with me.”

“I know, but I wanted to pamper you for once,” Jimin's eyes softened. “Besides, there's also something else I've been meaning to talk to you about.”

Taemin raised an eyebrow. “What is it?”

Jimin parted his lips to reply when they were interrupted by the waiter who came to take their order. All the while Taemin stumbled with his words, not satisfied with an order and changing it to a different one, Jimin laid his elbow on the table and head in his palm. Watching his boyfriend with a glint in his eyes.

“... And a glass of water would do.” Taemin finished off, closing the menu booklet and handing it over to the waiter.

As the waiter stalked off, Jimin woke up from his seat and leaned across the table. He planted a sweet kiss on Taemin's cheek. The older turning a shade of pink.

“I'll be back.” Jimin mumbled, shooting him a smile and walking to the restroom area.

The male and female restrooms were next to each other. And what took Jimin by surprise was when the door to the female restroom opened and a strawberry blonde head came into view. He blinked a couple of times, unsure of he's sight was playing tricks on him. His hand that reached for the male restroom door, froze mid-air.

“Jimin?” His name on her tongue snapped him out of his daze and Jimin took in the sight of someone he never knew he'd encounter.

“Somin? W-what are you doing here?” Jimin questioned.

Somin sniffed and Jimin realised the glistening streaks down her cheeks were tears. He pursued his lips, not wanting to comment nor pry. He knew better than to give attention to someone who has hurt him to such a degree.

“Jimin, I—” She stopped mid-sentence, rubbing away her tears to look at him properly. Almond eyes that were puffy and red because of crying. “I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for what I did to you.”

Jimin did respond, he continued to stare at her. His hand around the door handle was clasped tightly. He didn't know what to say, his ex that he loved for so many years. His ex that he nearly propose to was now apologizing for cheating on him?