5.

Jimin closed his eyes for a few seconds, allowing his face to bask in the sun. It's been a month ever since they've arrived in America and truth be told, he had adjusted quite well compared to what he had imagined.

He was walking with Jiwoo, side by side, across the campus courtyard. Having just collected their student card, Jiwoo suggested to tour around the place to familiarise themselves.

Jimin was majoring in digital art meanwhile Jiwoo's major was photography, hence their journey to the photography studio. There were a lot of other students around but they didn't pay much heed to them. Focusing mainly on the task to maneuver their way through.

“Are you sure this is the right way to the studio?” Jimin questioned Jiwoo who was staring at her phone where a digital layout of the building was shown on her screen.

Jiwoo merely hummed in reply, her eyes trained on the device in the palm of her hand while taking quick glances at the passing doors. Jimin sighed, ready to burst out a complaint about his sore legs when his eyes caught the face of someone he thought he'd never see again.

He blinked, watching as the black haired boy walked down the hall in their direction. The same black haired boy who bumped into him at the airport and had an attitude of a little toddler who didn't get what they wanted.

The airport boy didn't seem to even recognise Jimin, for he walked straight passed him. Jimin glanced over his shoulder, ready to call out to him but not knowing what to say.

“Jimin, don't forget,” Jiwoo's voice besides him saved him from calling out and embarrassing himself. Detaching his gaze from the boy, Jimin turned to his best friend.

“Huh?"

“We're meeting up with eoni's boyfriend later on, at his club for our new jobs,” Jiwoo reminded him before her eyes suddenly lit him. “There! That's the studio!”

———

Just as she said before, Jimin and Jiwoo entered the club that Hwasa's boyfriend owned. Surprising themselves when they finally made it into the main area and realising that it was a strip club.

“I think they're there.” Jiwoo said to Jimin, having to raise her voice over the chatter and loud music.

“The VIP room?” Jimin asked, following her hand that she used to point towards a door further down and passed the bar area.

Jiwoo grabbed Jimin's wrist tightly and began to pull him through the crowd to reach their destination. Jimin cringed as he felt his body being pushed and sandwiched between sweaty and dunk bodies.

He let out a gasp as Jiwoo pulled him into the open area and he said dramatically, “I nearly die.”

Jiwoo chuckled. “I forgot you've never been to clubs like me.”

“Jiwoo, Jiminie!”

The two friend's looked up to find Hwasa with half her body out of a doorway as she ushered then forward. Jimin pushed Jiwoo aside, playfully, taking the lead and entering the VIP room.

He stepped inside and that's where he noticed the tall and masculine male that sat on the the wine red couch. He heard about Namjoon a lot, Hwasa and him having dated for years but he hasn't really met the guy.

“Oh? You must be Jimin.” Namjoon said, looking up at the guy and shooting him a dimpled smile.

“Yup,” Jimin nodded, smiling at the friendly elder. “And you must be Namjoon.”

Namjoon and him exchanged handshakes before gesturing for then to take their seats. Hwasa sat next to Namjoon while Jiwoo and Jimin sat opposite them.

“How's America treating you two?” Namjoon asked, making small talk.

“Okay, but I do miss Seoul's cafes.” Jiwoo said with a slight pout.

“I honestly like the change of scenery.” Jimin said after her with a shrug.

Namjoon chuckles with a nod and exchanges a quick glance with Hwasa. “Okay so cut to the chase, you're here because of part time jobs.”

The two nodded and awaited for him to carry on. Hwasa bent forward a bit, helping Namjoon explain. “And as you can see, Joon owns this strip club and he suggested that you, Jiwoo, could tend to the bar as a barista.”

“Oooooooh,” Jiwoo grinned. “The bar area has the best view of the stages.”

“As for you Jimin,” Namjoon began and turned his attention to the boy. “I was thinking if you'll be up to be a stripper— only if you want to! You must be wearing face masks at all time to hide your identities plus the pay is extremely well.”

Jimin sat there and stared at Namjoon with his lips ajar, taking in the fact that he was given the opportunity to be a stripper. There was nothing wrong with being the stripper, it was still work either way but with a dash of fun and Namjoon didn't have to mention the pay because Jimin knew how much strippers got.

Jimin brought up his lips into a smile and nodded confidently. “I don't mind.”

“Great then!” Hwasa cheered, high fiving the two. “Ya'll aren't unemployed anymore.”

Jiwoo scoffed. “Yeah, yeah.”

“Then it settles it, I'll introduce you two to the rest of the crew after we close up.” Namjoon informed, the dimples refusing to disappear as he spoke.