21.

Jiwoo fiddles with her fingers, sitting on a chair besides Jimin in his ward. The doctor had said it wasn't anything serious and he just fainted due to exhaustion and lack of food. Jiwoo sighed again at the thought of how she found his collapsed self. She had felt so scared in that moment that she couldn't wait until he woke up to give the boy a piece of her mind.

“Jiwoo?”

The said girl snapped her head up. Jimin was awake and offered her a weak smile. Jiwoo smiled at him back, reaching over as if brush his hair when instead her hand formed a fist and she punched him in the stomach lightly.

Jimin gasped, not from pain but shock. He held his stomach and turned his back to her, on the bed.

“How can you do that?! I'm a sick patient!” Jimin cried out, comically.

“Sick patient? I could show you how a real sick patient looks like!” She jumped forward and grabbed his shoulder, turning him towards her again. “I can punch that pretty face of yours in!”

Jiwoo expected a Jimin to say a joke or wail like a child while screaming for Hwasa but the boy just smiled at her. A small smile that didn't reach his eyes. Jiwoo's playful expression dropped and she returned the smile, dropping her forehead against his shoulder.

“I'm just glad you're okay,” She mumbled, voice getting muffled by the cloth of his shirt. “You gave us quite the shock there.”

“Us?” Jimin repeated, heart fluttering at the thought of Taemin being outside room.

“Yeah, Hwasa and Namjoon drove you to the hospital and the others came to see you and each every hour.” Jiwoo stated, pulling herself up and sitting down on the chair. She reached over to the night stand to pour a glass of water from the jug for Jimin.

“Was,” Jimin bit his bottom lip. “Was Taemin here?”

Jiwoo's hands nearly drop the glass of water before she held herself steady. She knew that there was something going on between the two. And to wonder what it might be because it eventually led Jimin to the hospital was something else. She extended the glass of water to Jimin who accepted it, gratefully.

“No,” Jiwoo lied. “Taemin didn't come, he even refused when we called and asked him to.”

“Oh.” Was all Park Jimin could mutter before he chugged down the water without a break.

Jiwoo pursed her lips and clenched her fists. The truth was, Taemin was here right after news of Jimin's faint incident went around. He refused to enter the room but he stood rigid in that one spot by the door. Glancing inside through the window shutters.

He stayed fifteen minutes more after the doctor said that Jimin was okay before leaving. Jiwoo knew it was wrong of her to lie to Jimin about it but the girl just wanted to know what was going on.

“So how long have you two been dating?” Jiwoo asked out of the blue, nearly choking Jimin.

“W-what?! How did you—”

“I didn't,” Jiwoo smirked. “But you just confirmed it.”

Jimin let out a nervous laugh and played with the glass on his lap. Jiwoo watched Jimin's expression shift to one of a blush then to sudden sadness. Jiwoo had known Jimin for years, she knew how to decipher and read him.

“I must say you were good at hiding it but I had my suspicions for a while,” She patted his knee atop the blanket. “But then you two suddenly drifted apart as if overnight which left me questioning.”

Jimin sighed and smiled. “I'm sorry for not tell you or the others, we wanted to keep it a secret for a bit because we were going steady. You know I don't like hiding things from you.”