Akio and Todoroki

(Akio POV)

"And the winner is Mimi Ojiro!" Uraraka Sensei announced as I fell to the ground. Damnit! My mind screamed How could I get surpassed so easily? Am I really that weak? I wondered to myself.

"Your quirk is so cool now! You've been winning non-stop ever since it evolved!" Yuuki cheered as Mimi gave out an embarrassed smile. "Well... I just worked really hard, and suddenly, it evolved!" She explained.

"It's also a very strange and sudden evolution too..." Julia commented.

"That's right," Uraraka-sensei looked slightly suspicious, "I'm sorry Mimi, but I need to bring you to get a drug test later, your probably innocent but quirks don't just evolve like that, they usually gain extra abilities bit by bit so it's hard to believe that your quirk got a huge power boost in one go," She explained. I was half-expecting Mimi to rebel but she just nodded obediently. Sensei nodded back. And turned back to us. "Alright, good job today everyone, class dismissed! Mimi, come with me," She announced. The class quickly rushed out of the training grounds, eager to get back to the dorms.

"Ha! Did you see how I crushed that battle!" Nagisa bragged, "I bet if Ren were here, he'd lose to me immediately!" He claimed.

"Ren... He's been missing for a couple of days now right?" Asashi put his hand on his chin, "What was their explanation for him going missing again?" He wondered.

That's right, Ren left out of nowhere, I wonder where he is now? I thought. Come to think of it, I've never fought against him, I wonder how the fight would go if we were to battle. I started to think of some things Ren would do against me. Would he... Surpass me too... Am I slowing the class down... Am I ruining my father's reputation? I wondered.

(Timeskip)

(Todoroki POV)

"Hey, Dad!" Rei calls out to me. I make my way over to her from my office.

"Something wrong?" I ask,

"Not me, I'm talking about Akio," She replies, handing me a recording of a training match on her phone, it's of Akio, he lost. "He's getting left behind in combat," Rei explains, "I'm worried about him," I nod in agreement.

"I have some free time today, could you bring him over?" I ask. Rei nods and suddenly, two wings of white fire sprout from her back as she takes off. I sit and wait for about five minutes before she comes back with a struggling Akio in her arms.

"Let go! I told you! I don't wanna see dad!" He protests.

"Yeah right, your just too ashamed to see him," Rei replies dropping him in front of me. He lands with an "uuf" sound and looks up at me, we're both silent for a long time.

What to do in this situation... I thought.

"If you're going to say something about me losing in training, then, I'm sorry I couldn't win," He sighed. I thought for a moment, Well, Ren got much stronger when he learned a new technique that could support him all the way, maybe Akio needs that too. I concluded.

"Akio, come here," I said. We entered the training room, "My quirk allows me to create fire on one side, and ice on the other. You, on the other hand, can use both ice and fire on either side, giving you extremely good versatility" I explained, "So that's what we're gonna work on, using both ice and fire at the same time and in cooperation," I held up my right hand, "Let's try doing something like this. Fire surrounded my right hand. "Flashfire Fists!" I yelled. Fire blasted from my punch creating a blast of flames. "Your sister can do something like that, but colder, it's called Flashfire Freeze, it can both freeze and burn the opponent, it's quite powerful," Akio nodded. 

He's quiet. I realize. "What do you think Akio?" I ask him.

"Sounds good," He replies simply. "But I want to learn about your moves more," He says, "I wanna be like you,"

I sigh, "If you fight like me, you'll be holding yourself back," I admit,

"What do you mean?" He asks, "You use your quirk to its full ability! To its highest potential!"

"Yes," I reply, "MY quirk, not yours, yours is different, it has a lot more potential," I explain.

"I wish I was you..." Akio says.

"No, you don't," I reply, remembering the harsh memories of my youth. "Every life has its ups and downs, if you wish your life were better then make it better,"

Akio looks away for a moment.

"Do you think I was born this strong?" I ask him, "No, I got strong through training! I was unnecessarily beaten for it but it happened,  you the same, you could get stronger but only if you want to!"

Akio stays quiet as he thinks about it. I chuckle.

Being a parent is hard, I wonder how Momo manages this. I wonder.

"I got it," Akio suddenly says, smacking his fist into his palm.

"Got what?" I ask. Akio smiles at me.

"I'm gonna go work on my ultimate move! And it's something only I can do! Something only I can achieve!" He declares. "Then! I'll surpass you! I'll catch up with my classmates! And when the time comes, I'll beat you!" Akio grins at me.

Normally, I'm always concerned about parenting, worried I might become like my father, but seeing Akio grin like that, I know I at least did something right for him to have a smile of a happy child.

"Off you go then," I say, smiling back. I know you'll do great, you've gotten this far, you're bound to go further.

Plus Ultra!

Hey guys!

Sorry for the slow chapters, but recently, I've been feeling pretty burnt out when I'm writing this, I realized that I really enjoy writing some things more than others. I'm not saying I hate writing about characters like Akio, it's just that I feel like I'm abandoning the plot.

I really wanna get back to the plot, I hope you guys can understand...

Thanks!