Chapter Eleven

WARNING! This chapter contains mentions of drug use and violence!

TWO MONTHS LATER

Camille sat at the table with the empty pill bottle in her hand, her nerves a mess since she hadn't heard from Johnny since their huge fight. She knew he had been abusing the painkillers, but she had no idea that when confronted he would react so volatile towards her. Ever since he had lost the vision in his eye, he had completely changed from the man she had fallen in love with.

"He still not back?" Letty said as she emerged from the back bedroom, Camille shaking her head as she tossed the empty bottle on the floor. Her anger and frustration had grown so much over the last few weeks, something that Camille hated since she had always had a kind and understanding heart.

"Should we go look for him?"

"Where would we start? Ez said that once Bishop decided not to retaliate for what happened to him and Riz, Johnny lost it. They want to excommunicate from the MC." She said as Letty placed her hand on Camille's a gentle moment shared between the two women as Camille felt her eyes well up with more tears.

"What was that?" Camille said as a loud thud sounded at the front door, her heart racing as she opened the door to see Johnny laying passed out with his keys in his hands. He was high and she could tell it was heroin, a drug that she had to see too much of during her missions in Mexico.

"Help me get him inside," Camille said as she wiped the tears from her eyes her hands gripping his kutte as she tried to lift his heavy body, Letty struggling to lift his legs as they slowly moved him inside.

Her eyes went wide as she saw a deep red mark on his neck, her stomach sinking as she knew her suspicions had been true. Johnny had been unfaithful to her. She wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt because of his addiction, but her heart was still shattered in a way that she had never felt before.

"Get him to the couch." She huffed as they lifted him on the couch and removed his boots and kutte, Camille, feeling numb as she covered his body with the blanket. She removed her engagement ring and placed it on the table before rushing back to the bedroom and slamming the door. She didn't want to leave because she still desperately loved him, but she couldn't stand by and watch him slowly kill himself with the drugs.

"Please don't leave. Please! I know that Coco is going through some shit but—he needs you—I need you." Letty said as Camille felt her heart grow heavy with guilt. She didn't want to leave Letty or Johnny but staying was breaking her heart.

"I won't leave, I promise."

***

"Fuck." Coco said as his body felt heavy and ached with pain, his head spinning as his eyes slowly opened. The first thing that came into view was Camille, her beautiful blue eyes looking tired and sad and red from crying.

"Don't say a word, please." She said as she sat down on the edge of the couch, Coco's brow furrowing as he noticed her ring on the table.

"You're leaving me?"

"No, I'm not—but I can't see you do this to yourself, Johnny. So, until you get clean and stay clean—I cannot be with you."

"No! Camille, please! Please don't leave me—I fucked up I know I did but—please don't leave me." He begged as he reached for her, Camille pulling from his grip as she moved off the couch and away from his reach.

"You think I want this! You think I want to watch you slowly kill yourself! I love you Johnny more than anything, I left the only life I had ever known for you! I never asked for anything but your love and you—you betrayed me! You don't have to lie to me, I saw the marks on your neck and your chest!" She yelled as she felt her heart start to race out of control, her vision becoming blurry once again as she rushed back to the bedroom and slammed the door behind her.

"Camille! Let me in!" He shouted as he kicked down the door, Camille screaming in fear as she had never seen the look in his eyes before. "Just leave! Just like everyone else in my fuckin life!" He said as he opened the closet and tore her clothes out and threw them on the floor, Letty shouting at him from the door as the chaos became overwhelming for all of them.

"Camille!" Letty shouted as she ran out the front door and down the stairs, her entire body shaking as the brightness of the sun almost blinded her. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as she ran down the street, her feet burning on the pavement as she hadn't even stopped to put on her shoes.

Her feet were bleeding by the time she made it to the clubhouse, a part of her not knowing exactly where to turn since she had no family or real friends. "Holy shit!" Ez said as his head popped up from his bike, Camille's arms reaching for him as more tears stained her dirt-streaked face.

She collapsed in his arms as she sobbed uncontrollably, everyone surrounding them as one of the prospects rushed to get the first aid kit. "I don't know what to do. I—I—can't help him." She stuttered as she tried to catch her breath.

"Just breathe Camille, calm down. What happened?" Bishop said as Ez carried her inside and set her down on one of the stools, her body still shuddering from her overwhelmed state.

"It's Johnny. He is doing drugs and last night he came home with marks all over him from another woman, and I—I just wanted to help him and he kicked me out. I've never been so scared of him." She cried as one of the prospects handed her a glass of water, her breathing heavy as she tried to calm down, her adrenaline still pumping as her feet burned in pain.

It took her almost an hour to finally calm down, her body still shaking as she felt so alone, even though she was surrounded by people. "He isn't at his place, Letty said he took off the look for Camille and hasn't come back," Ez said as he walked back into the clubhouse, Camille feeling guilty for spilling Johnny's secret, but she knew he needed help.

"You can stay in that single wide outback if you want, Letty gave me some of your clothes," Ez said as he sat down the bag by the stool.

"I just want to leave." She said as she stood up, her feet burning in pain as she stumbled over, Bishop catching her as he made her sit back down.

"You can't even walk, where are you gonna go?" Bishop asked as Camille rested her hand to her head in frustration, her head popping up the moment she heard Johnny's voice outside. "I'll take care of him."

"No, Bishop—let me speak to him—alone please." She asked as he nodded his head and cleared everyone out of the clubhouse, her eyes heavy as Johnny hesitantly walked inside.

"Are you okay?"

"I will live—I have lived through much worse." She said in a low tone as she rubbed her eyes her vision still going blurry as the doctor warned her it would.

"I didn't mean what I said I was—I just freaked out and—Camille, I love you." He said as he finally approached her, her eyes looking away from him as he took her hands in his.

"I love you too, more than anything—but what I said still stands. If you cannot get clean, I cannot be with you."

"I will get clean I promise, but please come home. Please put this back on." He said as he took her ring out and fell to his knees. Camille resting her hands on his head as he sobbed into her lap, her heartbreaking all over again as she thought about him with another woman.

"Get clean and I will gladly be yours again." She said as his head popped up, his eyes full of despair as she looked away from him once again. She gasped as he stood and pulled his hands away, his eyes filling with tears of anger as he stared down at her.

"If you loved me, you would stay." He hissed as Camille's mouth dropped open from shock, her heart shattering as he walked away and out of the clubhouse. She rested her hand to bosom and took a deep breath, more tears falling on her face as she never thought this day would come.

Before Johnny had lost his sight and became addicted to painkillers, they had been planning their wedding. They both wanted a winter wedding and had planned on having a small ceremony at the clubhouse, but all those hopes, and dreams had just died right in front of her.

"Are you okay?" Ez asked as he walked into the clubhouse, Camille shaking her head no as she wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"I just lost the only man I ever loved, so no Ezekiel I am not okay. I am broken."