Chapter Twelve

Warning strong sexual content

   "You don't have to do this; you don't have to leave," Ez said as Camille continued to pack her bags, her mind already made up. She was tired of depending on others and was ready to start her life, a life that didn't include the love of her life, Johnny Cruz. He had tried several times to beg her to come back to him, but each time she knew he was high.

"You act as if I am going to the moon, I am staying at a hotel that is closer to your father's butcher shop." She said as she felt more than grateful, he had given her a job with no experience and had given her the apartment space above the shop so she wouldn't have to stay in the clubhouse anymore.

"I just worry about you."

"I know you do Ez, but I am not your responsibility, and I can take care of myself. Besides, I am just in the way here and I hate that everyone treats me like I am going to break," She said as she handed him a box, her arms full of bags as she walked from the small trailer towards the truck.

"Hey—it's Coco," Ez said as Camille watched as Johnny came racing down the dirt road towards them, her heart sinking as she noticed how skinny he looked and how strung out his eyes were. "Want me to talk to him?"

"No—it's okay. You go ahead and take a break." She said as she gave him the bags and sat down on the stairs that led into the trailer. She scooted over as Johnny sat down next to her, his hands shaking as she could tell he was in pain. "You look terrible."

"I feel it. You look amazing." He smiled, Camille looking away from him as she couldn't bear to see the man, she loved looking so frail and sick. "Please look at me."

"It's hard, Johnny. I mean look at you. Your eyes are sunken and you shaking like it's below freezing. You aren't getting clean."

"It's not that easy!" He yelled as Camille got up, his hand grabbing hers as he yanked her back towards him. "Why won't you help me!" He shouted in her face as his hands tightened around her arm.

"Let me go!" She screamed as she punched him hard in the face, her eyes going wide as she never in her wildest dreams thought she would ever hit another person. "I am helping you, Johnny! You came here for what, money? Do you think I am going to give you money for your addiction? I won't enable you!" She shouted as Ez, Angel and several others came rushing over, the sounds of her screams beckoning them.

"I can't live without you, Cami." He whispered as he dropped to his knees, his arms going around her waist as she hesitantly rested her hands on his head. "I'm so scared." He whimpered as Camille dropped to her knees, the gravel of the dirt hurting her knees as she hugged him tightly.

"I hate seeing you like this, Johnny. I want you to come to my apartment, but if you do—you have to get clean." She said as he looked away from her, Camille noticing once again that he had hickies on his neck. "Does—she know you are here."

"She means nothing to me." He said in a terrified manner as he pulled his shirt up to cover his hickey, her heart sinking as she stood up and walked inside the trailer. "Camille—she meant—" His words were cut off as she picked up the microwave and tossed it at him, Johnny yelling as he ducked out of the trailer and rushed back to his bike.

"You came here for money! You are strung out all the time and now—you have the nerve to hold me knowing full well that you are sleeping with another woman!" She yelled as she slammed the door of the trailer, her hands covering her face as she sobbed uncontrollably.

"Camille please don't cry. I'm sorry."

"GO AWAY! You aren't the man I fell in love with Johnny!"