The Molduga

The streets of Gerudo Town were full of life, as the celebrations were under way. With Divine Beast Vah Naboris finally at peace, and the Yiga Clan's presence and threat having decreased since their master's death, the Gerudo people finally felt safe, and knew that travel to and from their home wouldn't be that dangerous anymore.

Riju was leading Link through the streets, explaining to him the things she had planned for the celebrations.

"Now that Naboris has been calmed, the old sand-seal racing course is finally clear. We plan on holding a race later on those grounds in celebration tomorrow." she explained.

Link said nothing as he listened to her. After what had happened the day before, he was in need to clear his mind a little, and seeing if he could help the Gerudo people out some more was one way to do it.

They strolled around the marketplace, now more decorated and festive than before. The entire place was teeming with activity, as Gerudo, Hylian, Rito and Goron women (Men too for that last one, but no one could tell the difference.) were all gathered together and were buying and selling goods to one another.

"Have you ever had creamy heart soup?" asked Riju.

Link shook his head in response. He'd never even heard of the dish before.

"You've got to try it at some point. It was me and my mom's favorite dish. You take a hearty radish, some milk, a hydromelon, and some voltfruit, and then you-"

"Lady Riju!"

The two turned back to see the Gerudo captain, Buliara, running towards them.

"What is it, Buliara?" asked the chief.

"I'm afraid the race will have to be cancelled." she told her.

"What?! Why?"

"A molduga wandered into the area once again. It'll be far too dangerous for the event to happen, both for the racers and the audience."

"Aw..."

"Can you not kill it?" asked Link suddenly.

"Kill it? Well yes, they can be killed. If you're willing to take the risk and face one down, which very few have done." Buliara replied.

"Well, you can do it, right Link? You calmed down Vah Naboris, surely a molduga must be somewhat easier." asked Riju, while giving him a puppy stare.

Link said nothing, before saying: "If you let me take parts of the monster's remains, I'll do it."

"Perfect! I'll go with you." the Gerudo chief stated.

"Lady Riju, that, I must forbid you." her loyal captain suddenly interjected.

"What? Why?"

"It is far too dangerous, my lady."

"But I was able to go with Link when we faced Vah Naboris together."

"That was different. In that case, you were protected by the Thunder Helm. If you go out there, you will not have that luxury."

"I am capable of making my own decisions, captain." Riju answered frustratedly.

"In this case, I'm afraid I will have to remain loyal to the wishes of the chief and forbid you to do it." Buliara said sternly.

"I am the chief!"

"No, not from you. The one who came before you, your mother."

Riju said nothing, before sniffling and lowering her head, before walking away and heading back to the palace . Buliara watched her leave and sighed.