Why The Lies? (pt. 1/2)

Kaminari's POV

It's been a couple days now sense Bakugou was put on trial. It was one of the hardest things to see, and our hopes of Kiri still being out when it happened, tuned out to be a dream. As well as Kiri's hopes of seeing it in person.

Long story short, none of us have been ourselves because as expected, Bakubro was confirmed to be guilty. And now I'm packing an over night bag to see my parents. Maybe I'll have the courage to visit my sister after. I guess I'll see.

Shinsou's POV

Things are only getting worse. I can't be without them. I just can't! I need more. I need to feel that same rush as the first time, that same high. It's no longer enough to be satisfied, I need to be free.

I gotta wait for Ena to take a shower, she always has the stuff on her. Even if it isn't what I want, anything is better then nothing. I know that now.

Kaminari's POV

I wish Kiri would take Bakubro's sweatshirts out if the mini-van no matter how much it comforts him. The drive is long and I insisted on taking it alone. These people don't even know I'm alive, they think I'm dead in some ditch. I gotta learn to stop hiding from my past. So there's one stop I gotta make first.

Shinsou's POV

Water running. I've got twenty minutes minimum, forty maximum. Closet, not there. Drawers, not there. Cupboards, not there. Jackets- jackpot.

It's not what I would normally go for but it'll have to do, for now.

Kaminari's POV

I park the van and step out onto the lot of church I only saw at Christmas, even though my family's Buddhists. The grave yard is much bigger then I remember, but it's still easy to find. I sit down in front of her head stone and talk. Like she can hear me or something.

Shinsou's POV

Water, still going. One drug. Not good enough. Two, not enough. Three. Still not enough! I take more and more. I'm so lost in looking for them I forget to listen to the water. I forget to think. It's all that's on my mind. More, more, MORE! Then I can't see straight. Then, I can't see. Only quick spots of color. Loud sounds.

A nap sounds...really...nice...right now.

Kaminari's POV.

"Hey, I know I haven't been here in a, really long time but I thought you should know. I'm going to see them. Last time I saw them they still blamed me," I let out a sob into my hands. "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. If I had a choice we'd trait places and you'd have celebrated your 27th birthday just three weeks ago."

I quietly chuckle and wipe my face clean. "Never could remember your birthday when you were here but I've never forgotten since," I stood up, straightened my clothes, kissed my fingers and placed them on the stone before leaving.

Shinsou's POV

Screams. Now sirens. Red and blue. A mask? Feels like one. Frantic speech. Running. Pain. Beep beep beep. Silence. Shock. Shock. Shock. Beep beep beep. Pain. Hushed voices. Sobs.
Rubbing alcohol smell. Joy. Sadness. It radiates near wear I lay. Though it's not meant for me to experience.

I need to sleep again. Why am I  fighting to stay awake again?

Kaminari's POV

Parked, in the driveway, of a house I swore I'd never come back to. I ring the bell and wait. Will they still recognize me? Door knob jiggling. One way to know. When it opens I see my mother. She looks the same, but like she's aged a 100 years at the same time.

"Dear...DEAR!" So she still calls my father that. He walks up behind me and sees me there. I give a small wave. What else am I to do?

Shinsou's POV

Quiet. I feel that if I even tried to open my eyes, I would see the same, inky blackness. The only sound to accompany me is a soft steady beeping. There's no way Ena called for help. She'd let me die before she got caught handling anything she sells. So how'd I get here?

Assuming I'm in a hospital that is. For all I know she put me somewhere remote and out of the way. Just trying to keep me alive so I'll owe her a favor I guess.

Kaminari's POV

They both have such piercing stares, like if they blink I'll vanish. My mother reaches out and touches my cheek gently. She smiles and gets teary, before smacking me upside the head. "We thought you were dead Denki! We thought you had followed her, that someone had done to you what you did to her!"

I don't have to guess at what they mean. It's pretty clear in how the look at me. I was right. They thought I killed myself.

My father put his arm around my mother and looked me in the eyes as he spoke to her. "That's enough honey. He's still here. Clearly his guilty conscience isn't enough to make him do the unthinkable," I can taste the venom behind his words.

Shinsou's POV

Muffled cries, close to me. A peak through my eyelashes show something I never thought I'd see. A crying Ena. Before she looks at me I reclose my eyes. I can hear that she's saying something but what it is, is unclear.

I fell a hand hold mine. Nothing more. Just a small gentile thing, something you can only do for someone who means much to you, or so that's what people always say. Now I know it's true by her shaking hands, and not so silent cries.

Kaminari's POV

"Denki...why did you leave us?" My mother looks at me with a combination of disgust and hurt.

"Please...I just wanna know, so tell me now before I waste all our time. Is there a relationship between us to salvage?" My father stands up a little straighter.

"Answer us and we will answer you."

I sighed through my nose. I thought about how to phrase this the whole way here. Yet I stand at a loss for words, but the truth.

Shinsou's POV

After another hour or so Ena's stoped crying, at least verbally, but is still holding on to my hand and slightly shaking. I can't do this any longer. "You know, you got sweaty hands," after I said that I felt her tense and I open my eyes to look at her "Hi."

After that she dropped my hand and ran to the hall looking for a doctor. While she did that I pressed the emergency call button and repositioned myself on the bed. A nurse arrived with Ena tailing him. He took an intake of my information before asking me a question that answered a few of mine.

"Mr. Shinsou, suicide, especially with adults, is very serious. What happened to make you try this?" I looked at Ena suppressing my shock. She told them I had tried to kill myself, that she wasn't involved. Her eyes pleaded with mine for forgiveness.

HEY MY GAYS GALS AND NON-BINARY PALS!! How are ya?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! And I hope I left you wondering because the next chapter, is the last one.

If you have any last minute theories you wanna toss out there, do it now!!

I hope you have a great day/night