Part 21: You, Me, And The Ones We Left Behind.

Sorry for the wait. Thank you for over 9.3k reads on Wattpad and over 24k hits on AO3. I don't own Omori.

The excitement was surprisingly much more than what the four cold handles and easily fell asleep on the trip back. Polly decided to drop off Sunny and Aubrey back at Sunny's place.

"Sunny. Aubrey." Polly said as she shook the knee of Aubrey. "We've arrived."

Aubrey wakes up pretty easily and nods in response to Polly. She shakes Sunny's shoulder trying to wake him up. Sunny is still a bit groggy, but is responsive enough to understand what Aubrey is telling him to do and nods.

"Thanks a lot Polly." Aubrey whispers.

Polly gives Aubrey a thumbs up and gives her and Sunny a good bye wave. Aubrey waves back and grabs the shopping bags before exiting the car. Sunny follows slowly, but staggers as he is still drowsy. One the two exit the car, Polly drives off to seemingly drop off Kim.

"C'mon Sunny." Aubrey said as she offered Sunny her shoulder. "Let's get some sleep."

"Uh huh." Sunny murmurs as he wobbles back and forth.

Aubrey takes the keys out of his pockets since Sunny doesn't seem to have the energy to pull them out himself. Once she does so, she opens the door and helps Sunny enter inside. Once in the house, Aubrey and slowly lazily kick their shoes and head for the stairs. Unlike the previous night, the walk up the stairs wasn't scary. Either the two weren't tired to care or the curse has seemingly lifted. Sunny begins to mumble softly.

"...Aub...rey.."

Aubrey looks to see that Sunny was barely hanging on and so she tries to hurry and get Sunny to his room. Once the duo get to Sunny's room, Aubrey lazily tosses Sunny on his bed with almost little care. Thankfully, Sunny was too tired to care and fell asleep almost instantly the moment his body fell on the bed. Aubrey then rolls him on the mattress so he's in a proper sleeping position.

"..there...got him in bed..." Aubrey sighs as her eyelids grow heavy.

Soon, Aubrey starts to sway and she stares at the bed.

...A bed...

Unable to fight the urge, Aubrey climbs onto Sunny bed and lays back before dozing off without a care in the world.

~The following morning...

It's been awhile since the sun shines through the blinds of Sunny's room. This barely phases Aubrey and Sunny as they're still in a deep slumber from shopping all late afternoon and evening. In fact, the two were even sleeping through the constant knocking of the front door.

"Hey Hero, you think those two are making out or something?"

"I doubt it. Kinda."

The brothers Hero and Kel, or rather Hero, decided to check in on the couple who haven't answered their house phone. The siblings already heard news about the shopping trip from Polly. Of course, the boys knew that they would be shopping, but never thought the two would go to a city mall. With Basil and Kim no less. No doubt, it was a bizarre, yet fitting group. Kel complains about why they didn't invite him, but Hero reassures that he probably got in the way which confuses Kel.

"Anyways, if Basil isn't awake then those are definitely not up." Hero said as he looked at his watch. "After all, Basil is the early bird type after all."

"Do you have the house keys?" Kel asks Hero.

"I do, but I'm kinda hesitant to barge in." Hero admits. "It's 9:17 am right now, so I guess we'll check later."

"I guess I'll head to the basketball courts." Kel said as he walked towards the park. "See ya bro!"

Hero waves goodbye to Kel and decides to head back home. As he begins to walk back, Hero sees a white car beginning to pull up near the house curb. Normally, Hero wouldn't think much, but he recognizes the passenger and driver. They were the highway patrol who visited a few days ago.