18. Astronomy Tower

The girls were in the commun room while the boys were out at Quidditch practice.  Pansy had already left a week ago with Theo on there family trip to the Bahamas , you know rich slitherin stuff while Hermione and Ginny were still at Hogwarts getting ready for there Christmas vacation, at least one was .
" what are you doing?" Ginny asked as she popped her head out of there bedroom to look at Hermione  who was sitting on the couch with her nose in a book
" reading..." Hermione answer confused .
" no-... what are you doing?"
" isn't it obvious?!"she said without looking up from her book . Ginny sighed at her
" what I mean is what the heck are you doing?! Shouldn't you be doing your luggage?!we're leaning in like 2 days and you're reading?!" Hermione sighed and closed her book .
" Gin ... I've been thinking and-"
" no"
" I've decided-"
"No"
" that I'm not comin-"
"NO!"
"Yes!"
" Hermione please" Ginny almost cried
" Gin , I beg you" she got up and hugged her best friend " please... I promise just this year , just this one time "
" why "
" i just want a quiet holiday. No war .No running. No fighting. No shouting. And you know with Ron there that won't be possible "
"Is draco staying with you at least?"
" no , he can't . I don't want him to ... his mother is sick he should be staying with her not me . So I told him I was going to see my parents,so he wouldn't ask any further questions "
" 'mione..." said Ginny with a pitiful look " you can't be alone on holiday's... "
" i won't be " the way she said it sounded more like she was reassuring herself more then her friend . " even if I am ... it's not the first time I'm alone ... I'll be fine Gin" she said while pushing a strand of ginger hair behind her ear " this doesn't mean we won't be seeing each other over winter break , ok ?" Ginny nodded in approval. The two smiled at each other .

***

Her head snapped at the noise of the front dor opening. Quickly ripping her eyes of of the quidditch magazine she was currently reading. She sighed in disappointment.
" well someone's excited to see me " said Blaise in a sarcastic tone as he put down his practice bag .
" it's not like that " she said while getting up and approaching him .
" is it ? As a matter of fact I'd think you were expecting someone els-" he was interrupted by a long kiss. They both sighed into it .
" as a matter of fact , I was " she played along his words.
" well i just bummed into Hermione on the hallway, she said she'll meet us at din-"
" actually...I was waiting for Draco "
" Draco ? How so ? "
"i need to talk to him ... about Hermione"
" that sounds serious..."
" yes... i-it's complicated " she flustered a bit
" well ... if I were looking for him I'd go to the Astronomy tower" he said before placing a kiss on her forehead " I'm going to take a shower... you go do your duty " he let go of her but felt her quickly pull him back in a kiss
" thank you " she said before grabbing her wand and leaving to look for Draco

***

as she reached the top of the astronomy tower she could see Draco sitting on the stone steps with a small cloud of smoke astounding him . She coughed to announce herself.
"Weaslete ..." he said before taking a long drag from his cigarette and looking back at her .
" Malfoy... sorry to interrupt your activities " she said looking at the cigarette between his fingers " but I wouldn't have if it wasn't important "his brows frowned in curiosity at her words . They stood in silence for a moment.
" do sit down " he said while moving his wand and pack of cigarettes , making her space . " so .... " he said awkwardly since they've never really been alone "is there something wrong?"
" it's about Hermione " she sighed " she refuses to spend Christmas with us because of Ron " she said looking down at her feet " a-and I don't want her to be alone during holidays "she said while getting emotional .
" look Weasley" he took a long drag " no need to be worked up , she'll be fine , she's going to be with her fami-"
" she has no family" her words created total silence " we're the only family she has left "
" what happened?" He said while talking out a new cigarette and lighting it up .
" i think ... since the war ,Hermione is the only one who hasn't completely recovered mentally " she sighed " can i ?"she asked towards the pack of cigarettes , Draco nodded " i shouldn't be the one telling you this " she took out a cigarette " she should" placed it between her lips "but I know she won't"lit it  " and  i don't want her spending Christmas alone" she said while exhaling a cloud of smoke.