chapter seven

it wasn't a cloudy day, the sky was bright and beautiful. Sara yawned and stretched.great.she has things to do....what!
she jumped off the bed and ran to the bathroom. oh my God! it's 11:am!.
"Sara!" a voice boomed downstairs.
dad?
she took her toothbrush and towel ready to bathe.
"Sara"?
"yes dad?" she replied, peeping through the bathroom door.
"got any plans this morning?"
"yes, dad. I need to... got to shopping with my friends" she lied.
great. she lied. may the good Lord forgive her. she couldn't imagine telling her dad about her plans with max. never.
she wasn't ready to listen to the topic of "street boys".
"very well dear. make sure you come back early okay?"
"very well dad"

great.
###*********

"I'm ordering food for us now, have you eaten?" Max gazed at Sara and smiling.
Sara smiled back, staring at the menu and back to him.
Max wore a fitted T-shirt and jeans, his hair cut neat and clean. and she, on the other hand, wore her sweater and jeans. her hair packed into a ponytail.
"really? so...you like eating so well?"
Max laughed so hard." who doesn't love eating."? he shifted his chair towards hers and whispered, "wait and see".
"hmmm"
"so.." Max began."tell me, I want to know everything about you. what's your favorite color? what other name do you own? what do you do in your free time? do you plan to have children?"Sara flinched in shock when she heard the last question. she would have answered the others willingly. but the last question made her feel things she'd never felt before.
"I..um.. actually.."
her phone suddenly rang.
" I'm sorry, can I pick this?"
he nodded.
"hi, Dad"?
"where are you now young woman?" her dad's voice sounded angrily.
"well, dad... what's going on?"Sara asked staring at Max who had a confused look.
"you have to get home before us. we have something important to discuss with you"
the way he said that made Sara's heart palpitate.
Did someone tell her dad about her whereabouts? was someone stalking her?
"you alright?"Max asked taking her hand in his.
"Yeah. I'm good. just a reminder from my dad."
Max knew she was hiding something. so he smiled.
"Okay then, come on. I know somewhere we can go"
Sara gave him the warmest of her smiles." you don't want me to find out how hungry you can get?"
"you'll find out later" Max replied holding her hands.
**************

"well. I guess this is a kind of beauty at night.. you have a beautiful surrounding"
Sara commented staring around with awe.
Max's garden was beautiful. with different flowers planted all around his backyard.
"you planted all this?"
"yup. I've been a fan of plants since when I was younger."
"beautiful"
"But you are the most beautiful," he said turning to her.
Sara blushed."do not tease me"
"I'm not that type of man,"
he tilted her head up to meet his.
"you're beautiful Sara.." he stroke her hair with seriousness and smiled."I don't think you realize that"
Sara felt her heart thump against her chest.
Max's gaze dropped to her lips...
his lips danced with hers. slowly at first but then deeper than before. Max placed his hands around her waist and deepened the kiss.
"what the hell...?"
Sara broke the kiss.
"Sara!" Tiffany screeched.
Sara gasped turned and stared at tiff in confusion. how did she get here?
Max noticed Sara's discomfort and drew her close to his side.
"you traitor!" tiff exclaimed angrily coming towards them.
"Sara look at me" Max tilted her face to hers."I don't fancy her okay?.. I guess she's just jealous"
"but she's my..my best friend!" Sara replied with confusion." she meant a lot to me max..we grew up together.."
Max wrapped his arms around her and kissed her hair." it's going to be fine."
"it's all my fault," she said stepping away from him.." she..she has been asking me about you all along..and I have been telling her I do not have feelings for you...I.I think I'll have to go now"
Sara shivered from the cold. turned, and walked away.
"I won't allow you to go alone."Max said sternly."let me drop you off."
"I'm fine max. I'm not sick..nor a baby," she said still walking.
Max stopped her.
"look. I don't care if you aren't. I'm going to take you home and you won't tell me I shouldn't."
"Max...I"
"This is what I'm going to do and you can't stop me.no damn person will."