chapter sixteen

Fred Meyer felt humiliated. the fact that Max appeared made him furious. he was determined to make the woman his.
he took his phone."hello biles"
"hello boss.." a man said on the phone.
"I need you to do something for me," he said savoring his wine.
"anything boss"
"I need you to transfer 900million dollars to an account right away."
"Okay, sir. I'll do that right away "
Fred smiled. the game has just begun.
*********************"
Mr. Baker gasped when he saw a message on his phone. he was sitting on the couch watching TV when his phone rang.
Nine hundred million dollars? who the hell is this? he wondered.
"honey"! he yelled.
"yes, sweetie!. I'll be right down."
Linda came through the kitchen door. a smell of bacon wafted into the room.
"can you believe this?" he said turning the screen to her.
Linda gasped, placing her hands on her lips.
"who sent this?" she whispered sitting beside her husband slowly.
"I have no idea. but I think a number was sent too. I'm going to find out." he said taking his phone to dial the number.
"hello this is Stephen baker...yes a huge amount of money was sent to me this morning...yes.."
"The money sent to you is from the manager of Oxford company. Fred Meyer Turner." the voice replied."
"very well.. I'll call him right away. thank you" he said and hung up.
Linda stared at her husband." what's going on?"
"can you believe this money was sent by Fred?"
"ohh" Linda gasped.
"he's such a nice fellow".
"nice fellow?"Linda whispered looking around. how could someone send that just because he's nice?"
Stephen smiled.
"do you think this man gave us this money just because he's nice?"
Stephen laughed."don't worry sweetie..all would be taken care of..this man is fond of Sara a lot..and I'm sure he'll do anything for her... I'll go see him in his office privately soon."
***************

Sara opened the door and stepped out of her office. she turned to go when she saw Max coming towards her.
"hi. how're you doing today?"
"I'm fine max. thank you. I've got to go now.."
"of course..well..can I drop you off?"
"it's not necessary...
"of course not!"Tiffany busted into the hall walking towards them in a hurry. she was wearing her short skirt as a usual and white blouse, her small round pregnancy thoroughly apparent.
Sara stared at her.
"it's none of your business Tiffany," Max said sternly. turning to her.
"of course it is!..you can't go about pretending to be single when you're not! remember, you're the father of this baby!." she screamed poking her stomach to emphasize the point.
Sara winced., peeking at Max who ran a hand through his hair.
""****************************

"Good to see you, man!" Ben hugged max and smiled."I hope the house didn't explode when I wasn't around?" he teased.
Max smiled, assisting Ben to arrange his luggage and bringing them in.
"So glad you're back."
"seriously. I'm so weary.."Ben murmured."got any food in the fridge?"
Max sighed.
"what's the wrong man?"
Max stares at ben unsure of what to say and where to start from.
his phone rang.
"Hello?"
"Hello Max"
"what do you want Tiffany?" Max asked with annoyance.
"We need to see a doctor, the baby needs attention," the voice said louder enough for Ben to hear.
"what about the baby?"
"the baby needs attention silly!" she screamed through the phone.
Max sighed."you know what?..stop being childish, I'll send you the baby's money..you run along to the hospital."
"run along?" tiff replied."you impregnated me max and you have duties! I'm not a puppy who runs around the place."
"fine' I'll be there tomorrow. just tell me where the hospital is," he said and sighed.
Max sprawled like a drenched rat and hung up.
"I'm sorry Max...did Tiffany told you the day you had sex with her?"Ben asked.
Max told him and his face whitened.
"something wrong Ben?" Max asked staring at his paled face" you recollect something?"
"oh no," Ben lied." was just.. evaluating.."
but he wasn't..he knew and he recalled that night, that night he made love to Tiffany..and he knew one bitter truth.
the baby was his.
Tiffany was just using Max...
*******************