chapter thirteen

"you did what!" Lily exclaimed."you paid someone to sleep with you?"
"Nah."   tiff waved her off."I didn't pay. I got it free..God..he just..it felt so different with me. I felt one stupid electricity when he was kissing me"
her cheeks turned pink.
"you like him!"
"oh don't be silly Lily..the only person I love is Max okay? don't even go there"
Lily sighed." so who was it?"
"Ben Lakewood. Max's best friend" she whispered.
"what!"
*********
The hall was designed with chandeliers and designs and full of people dressed in different outfits.
Sara wore a red light short dress and some heels with make-up to bring out her features. her black hair was straightened.
she took a glass of wine and waved to Mrs. Smith who was coming towards her.
"you look dashing tonight Missie"
"Thanks..you don't look too bad yourself in your blue outfit"
"Hello Sara..I've been looking for you," a voice said and Sara froze.
Mr. Fred wore a blue suit and black tie. his hair combed neatly to the back.
Sara turn and saw him smiling.
"you're looking beautiful"
"thank you, sir"
"I much prefer Fred"
odd.....
"shall we"? he said.
*******
Sara didn't see max after the presentation they all had.   when she saw him, he was looking so handsome from afar that it took Sara's breath away.
when the party ended, she went together with Fred to a group of people chatting and saying goodnight"
"Your presentations were so wao!" Mrs..... Smith commented shaking hands with Max and tiff.
Sara noticed she wore a very short black dress and heels.
"oh thank you!" tiff replied ."I'm sure our private practice at his home is worth it!"
"Oh!"Mrs. Smith said back"I didn't know..you guys are a thing already!"
"no guys"Max eventually spoke up" it wasn't that way".
" Which way was it?" tiff challenged."we were in your home and we talked and did a lot of practice!"
Sara gasped.
"I don't want to know what kind of practice that was.. please bail me out"miss lavender laughed and walked away.
Sara turned and saw Mr. Fred talking to a Chinese man.
"I think I have to go".she said and walked away.
"Sara.. wait!"
Max called out to her but she walked out of the party.
********,,
Sara wait!"
Max ran and caught up with Sara.
"what is it, Max?" Sara said folding her arms.
"Why did you suddenly believe what tiff said?"
"suddenly believe? how? tiff said it. she said you and her  practiced something"
Max laughed so hard." Sara it wasn't anything.."
"but she was at your house right?"
"yes"
"and you practiced?"
"Sara..listen..she came to my house to practice a presentation nothing more. and it's worth what we did tonight"
"not even a kiss?"
"nope.. although there going to be one"
"what?" Sara gasped and Max drew her close. her heart fluttering.
"and what do you mean by that?"
"there's going to be one..right here..right now.."
"But.. what about our little secret?" Sara said looking around.
And he kissed her to shut up.
**********
"That idiot!"
Tiffany screamed and threw a lampstand on the wall.it shattered into pieces.
"calm down babe" Lily comforted.
"calm down?! did you know that all my efforts are wavering?" tiff screamed pulling her hair in anger.
"what do you suggest we do?"
tiff smiled."I'll have to go see a doctor hereafter".
*********""