chapter fifteen

Sara strolled into the reception hall with her head high. thanks to her friend Dora, she now felt a little better. she had to apply some concealer to conceal some bags under her eyes as a result of crying throughout the night.
"morning Sara .." tiff said pausing her way to her office and smiling." sorry to hear that max will soon be a"daddy".
what does tiff want again? Sara thought.
"and how does that concern me?" she said. she particularly liked the heels she was wearing that morning." that isn't my business"
"oh really..did he ditch you then?"
Sara slapped her on the face.
tiff flinched and stepped back shockingly.
"Next time, you'll discover more consequences of embarrassing me".
***********************

Sara grabbed her bag to go home. Her day was stressful and she needed a good rest.
another rap creaked on her office door.
Max came in gazing at Sara and closing the door.
"what do you want Max?" she asked. her heart did a little flip when his gaze shifted to her.
"can you please sit and let me explain what happened?"
"explain what?!..how you impregnated her?"
Max cringed.
"Sara. I don't even know if the baby is mine"
"and what if it's yours?"
"It can't be. we didn't do anything"
"but she said you did.."
Max drew her close to him.
"don't touch me max.." Sara warned but max ignored her.
he hugged her tight against his chest. he wanted to feel her heartbeat. just holding her stirred up emotions that wanted to make him cry. Sara was like his mom. strong and soft at the same time.
she cried in his arms. cried for the love they had at first, cried for the challenges they had, and cried that her parents didn't approve of him.
Max held her tight, stroking her back. after what seemed like hours she stopped.
"I'm sorry Sara I know I messed up "
Sara's eyes were bloodshot. why does she have to be the one to cry? why do men have to break her heart always? she had marveled why her tears hadn't finished yet.
"so..what are you going to do now? you're going to marry her."
"No Sara" Max stroked her hair." I don't even know who the father is".
"So how did it happen that she had to make this up?" she stared up at him and asked.
Max urged her to sit to clarify everything.
*************

Sara hung up and frowned. Does Mr.Fred want to hang out with her?
odd.
she noticed the way he praises her sometimes and was wondering why he does that.
but..what would Max say?.she wondered.
Sara shrugged. max shouldn't have done that to her either. for now, she's free to hang out with anyone.
Fred wanted them to meet at a coffee shop, so she dressed casually. she wore her red sweater and jeans and a makeup-free face.
The coffee shop was quite congested when she entered.
"Sara!".Mr. Fred waved at Sara when she strode in. He wore a brown shirt and jeans.
"how're you doing? you look good"
"Thanks," Sara said and sat down.
weirdo. Sara thought. he couldn't even wait for her to sit first like max.
"oh God Sara..you don't realize how lovely you are, "Fred said, shifting towards her and taking her hand.
Sara shivered.
"you don't lay your filthy hands on her"
Sara heard someone say with power. she glanced up and saw Max pushing Fred off his chair. he fell on his back and grunted.
"Oh!," Sara rushed to help him up."Max! why would you do that?"
"you have no right to do what you did!" Fred said with anger when he got up. he stared at Max angrily." you could go to jail for this"
"jail?"Max smiled."you should be the one to go, taking away what is mine."
Sara swallowed the lump in her throat. she had better step in between them before they have each other heads.
"Please stop!".
Does he not know he could forfeit his job in a twinkle of an eye?. Fred could fire him.
Max clutched her hands and dragged her out of the shop.
"Max, stop!. you shouldn't have done that"Sara said sternly arms akimbo and scowling.
"I'll gladly do it over and over again" he growled." he shouldn't have asked you out in the first place.it's prohibited."
Sara gasped."prohibited? you talk as if you're preserving a territory."
"you are my territory Sara, he shouldn't have trespassed".
"really"? Sara replied, "was I your territory when you made love to Tiffany?" impregnated her?"
"But I've already explained what happened.do I have to spend years paying for it?"Max moaned.
"oh well..that means you have no right to boss me around! I can hang out with anyone I want to."
Sara said and walked away.

"