chapter four

"what were you thinking Sara?" you were practically kissing him in public!" Stephen Sara's father exclaimed angrily.
he closed the door and folded his arms, waiting for an explanation.
"But Dad," Sara said sternly" I'm not a kid. and I wasn't kissing anyone!"
Tears were stinging her pretty eyelids. (but I wanted to kiss him)she almost added.
"what's going on dear?"Linda, Sara's Mom appeared through their bedroom door with a confused look.
"Dad embarrassed me in front of Max. max and I were just talking. and then the next thing knew, he was dragging me down the road as if I was a total criminal!".
Linda turned to her husband. her oval face looked exhausted.
"Sara was probably kissing him before I came"
"kissing isn't a criminal offense dad"Sara retorted." and you have no right to embarrass me like that. I'm not a kid."
"But you're acting like one dear" Sara was surprised to hear that from her mom.
"No mom. you have to understand!" her voice was getting higher now.it was all Max's fault. she thought. he shouldn't have been staring at her that way. but she couldn't deny that tug she felt when with him.
"The next time you act like that young lady, I am going to stop you from seeing him. I don't my daughters smuggle with street boys understood?"
Sara sighed.it was probably Mr. Fred that informed her dad about max.
**""""""""""*******

"where the hell were you doing last night! you officially ran off. were you with Mr. Freddie?" tiff teased.
"tiff stop. you know better"Sara replied trying to his her blush. she decided to hide her attraction to the max for now. but she knew tiff was going to get pissed off when she eventually knows.
"..decided to get some fresh air and..I just strolled you know"
tiff sipped her drink and stared."you sure about..."
"hi, Sara.."Max winked coming close to her.
Sara's heart skipped a beat. she turned and saw Max smiling and sipping a drink.
"Hi Max," tiff said flinging her hair and batting her eyelashes.
"how're you doing today? still busy?" he asked Sara.
"well...not really.."
"oh well. I was wondering if I could just drop you home "
"I'd like that"
"seven?"
"yeah".and they stared at each other.it was as if nothing else mattered. just the two of them.
"well. I guess. I have to go'' he said breaking the silence between them.
tiff glared at Sara when Max left." you said you don't like him"
"What?.... I ...don't!"Sara replied. her cheeks red in embarrassment. she was finally getting what her friend meant now. tiff was referring to Max and Mr. Fred the whole time.
"but you were swooning the whole time"
"look..let's forget about this okay? I'm just trying to be nice here".
"fine" tiff replied rolling her eyes.
***********