chapter nineteen

Sara woke up with a jolt. what the hell is going on? she worries.
she rubbed her eyes and took her phone to check messages. her heart skipped a beat.

"Please we need to talk Sara, I've missed you".

Sara stared at her phone. from max? it was .1:00am. her parents were asleep already.

"what do you want max? " she texted back waiting for an explanation.

"I need you baby I've missed you terribly".

Sara sighed and stared at her phone again. her heart fluttered.

****************

"it's late Max," Sara said coming towards him only in her nightgown.
"I've missed you, sweetheart,"  he said pulling her close and smiling at her.
Sara scoffed, ignoring her flipping heart as well.
" I told you it can't work Max...you have a wife to take care of,  plus she's pregnant."
"But..I didn't do anything with her"...
" Max.." Sara sighed." I'm... sorry..as long as Tiffany is pregnant, we can't.."
"Are you breaking up with me?" Max whispered angrily.
" I'm not saying.."
" is it because of that idiot you hung out with yesterday?!"
Sara winced in shock.
" yes.because I knew you two went on a date!"
"I'm sorry Max...it's just...I need to tell you now..." Sara said as tears nipped her eyelids. She inhaled deeply." I think my parents bargained with Mr. Turner... which I'm going to figure out soon..I...and I don't know what to do about it.."
Max drew her close to his chest" I'm so sorry about it Sara."
she cried in his arms. she wanted to tell him she loved him over and over again but she couldn't.
"Sara..look at me," Max said wiping away her tears and tilting his face up to meet his " I love you  and I gladly adore you...so much"
And he kissed her.
Desire radiated through her.
sensations...
Want,  need...... .max kissed her desperately,  kissed her as if she was the only one in the world. kissed her as if she was going to disappear.
flinging her arms around his neck, he carried her to his car and sat her on it, deepening the kiss.
Max chuckled after the kiss ended.
" don't tell me we're out here kissing in the middle of the night,  Sara whispered and smiled.
" We can stay this way all night you know..."
Sara rolled her eyes." pregnant woman remember?"
Max ran a hand through his hair."I thought we already talked about this?"
" But I'm still worried" she groaned.
"we'll work things out, Sara I promise.. somehow."
********************

*************

Sara walked out of the elevator.it was a hot afternoon. she was exhausted and hungry. damn the chef who wasn't at work.
"Miss baker!"Danny Clark called out to her running towards her. the old fellow was out of breath by the time he caught up with her.
Sara smiled." hello Danny. good to see you this afternoon. 
" well yes. l guess," he said grinning at her.
" what?" Sara asked scowling slightly." is there something on my face?"
" Well. not exactly.  congratulations!" he exclaimed happily." I can't believe you're getting married!"
Sara laughed. This man is hilarious.
"getting married?..to who?" she corked a brow.
" to our boss of course!"
" Please Mr. Clark..you see. I'm hungry right now..and I have to go..nice try.."
"or.. perhaps I'm mistaken?" Mr. Clark said tucking his hand into his pocket and retrieving out a beautiful gold wedding invitation.
Sara gasped when she saw her name. she yanked the card and stared at it.
"oh my God" she whispered." that bastard"
" is something wrong"?he asked worriedly.
" I have to go," Sara said with determination and left with the card.
"************************