chapter seventeen

Max stared at the doctor before him. the wide room was constructed white with chandeliers, beautiful enough to be called a doctor's office.
"I'm so glad to see your husband madam." the doctor said and smiled at Tiffany who was stroking her growing belly.
She giggled in reply.
He turned to Max who was scowling.
"Mr?"
Max straightened up."I've got a lot of work to do Mr doc. you're wasting my time right now "
"very well." he continued." the baby is getting threatened due to her earlier circumstances..but I'm happy to tell you there is a solution...we have two..one, she'll need to be with her husband often,.."
"and the second option?" Max Interrupted in haste. he couldn't bear the thought of being in the same room with her for one day.
"We have some medications to unravel it..but.it's pretty expensive"
"I'll pay whatever it is doctor," he said with eagerness.
"no!" Tiffany interrupted taking Max's hand in hers." we could spend time together..we don't have to go through that process!"
"never!" Max roared angrily." you've done enough Tiffany".
yes, she has. he thought he could find a way out of the problem. but the doctor told him straight that the baby was his. other hospitals gave him the same answer.
"I'll charge you to court!" she threatened angrily.
"then do it" Max replied calmly.
"I think you two need to calm down and talk." the doctor indicated adjusting his glasses.
Max stood up and smiled at the doctor." I'll take your account details and send the money to you.. I'm sorry for the outburst" he said and walked away.
,*******************************

Max glanced at his phone chiming loudly in his shirt pocket. he groaned in annoyance. does it have to be right now?
he gripped the car staring tighter. thinking it was Tiffany who talks about nothing other than how to buy a baby's nappy, he was determined to be straight with her.
he pulled out his phone and saw an unfamiliar number.
" Hello?"
" Max Whittaker" an elderly voice sounded through the phone." it's been a long time son".
Son??
" who is this please?"
" This is Romeo Whittaker, your father's brother"
" holy shit" Max cursed.
" Meet me tomorrow at the old Derry restaurant close to the airport, we need to talk"
" how I'm I suppose to comprehend you're saying the Truth?"
" I'm too old to be a deceptive man son," the voice said and chuckled." I'll see you tomorrow at 5 pm," he said and hung up.
what the hell is going on? he wondered. and why did the man said 5 pm as if someone has been stalking him?.
because this man knew exactly where he works.