Chapter 27

"Hey." Meredith said as she walked through the door to her house that night.

"Hey!" Izzy said from the couch with a mouthful of popcorn. "Nice of you to grace us with your presence."

"Thanks." Meredith frowned as she walked in "What are you watching?"

"Some of your mother's surgical tapes that we found in the basement."

"You were in the basement?" Meredith asked then rolled her eyes "Why am I not surprised."

She sat down between them on the couch and grabbed a handful of popcorn.

"I thought you said you had a date tonight?" George asked.

"I do." she said munching on a mouthful "He's running late, so I'm waiting."

"Make sure you're smart and use a condom." Izzy said.

"Smarter than you?" Meredith smirked and threw her a sideways glance.

"It's getting taken care of." she grimaced.

"Seriously Izzy." George frowned "Who was it?"

"Why does it matter, to you of all people!"

"Obviously so I won't make the same mistake!" George said.

"Ugh!" Izzy glowered "He's not gay."

"Doesn't mean anything." George chuckled under his breath.

"Can we watch the damn movie!" Meredith sighed "It's almost at the good part, which might I warn isn't for those with weak stomachs."

"Oh is it where she rips the guys face off?" Izzy asked, and suddenly the TV screen showed it.

A second later they heard a hurling gagging sound come from the other side of the couch and Meredith and Izzy whipped their heads of to see George throwing up into the popcorn bowl. Meredith gasped and jumped off the couch and Izzy screamed as she hopped up onto the arm.

"Oh god." George choked "I think I have it too."

"I told you!" Meredith shrieked.

"Can somebody..." he moaned as he held the bowl up..

"Not me!" Meredith gasped as she scurried out of the room.

"No way George you're an adult!" Izzy refused.

"And you call yourselves doctors!" he muttered as he warily stood up and scuffled into the kitchen.

"Doctors George." Izzy muttered "Not nurses!"

Meredith's phone went off and she breathed a huge sigh of relief when she picked it up.

"You couldn't have called at a better time!" she whispered loudly.

"Oh?" he asked. "What happened?"

"I'll explain later." She said grabbing her coat "Actually, I wont because it's disgusting and gross, but I'm on my way out the door now."

"Alright," he smiled "see you soon."

Meredith hung up and got in her car, she trembled a little as she breathed the crisp air and hoped that none of George's flu germs got on her. She thought about maybe asking Derek if she could stay at his place until it cleared out of the house. She pulled into the ferry boat parking lot and boarded by foot, she walked out to her favorite part of the boat, the bow and leaned against the railing as the boat started making it's voyage across Elliot bay. She wondered when Derek was going to show up, and turned around to see him standing a few feet away, slightly leaning with his head tilted, just taking her in.

"There you are." she smiled.

"Here I am." he said softly as he took a few steps towards her. He grabbed her hand and pulled her into him, giving her a long soft kiss, he pulled back and stared into her eyes as his hand caressed her cheek.

"What are you doing?" she whispered.

"What makes you think I'm doing anything?"

"You have a look in your eyes." she mumbled "It looks like you're about to say something."

"Maybe I am."

"Is that why you brought me here tonight?" she asked.

"I've had something on my mind, and I want to tell you."

"Whatever it is, just say it." she said softly "You shouldn't hold things in when it comes to me."

"At least not outside of work."

"Not outside of work." she mumbled. Then looked at him waiting for him to speak.

"Meredith...." he whispered and trailed off, a huge smile broke out across his face as he looked into her eyes "I'm in love with you.....I've been in love with you for, forever."

Her lips peeled back into a smile before leaning forward into his and kissing him deeply and lustfully.

"I love you too." she whispered against his lips "I've loved you for so long."

___________________________________________________________________________

<33