Fifteen

Sierra sat in the hospital next to Max's bedside. All that she felt was fear. Fear that knowing someone had tried to attack Max. And the fear that she was going to lose him. The fear that she had no idea who did this. And not knowing if they were after her or Adalynn.

Sierra looked up as Jaime walked in. She looked to her and smiled. "How is he?"

"There's some change. They're keeping him in the coma for now. I'm just so scared. And I don't know what to do," Sierra said.

Jaime looked to her and smiled. "I know. But you need to rest. And look after yourself too. Max is in the best place for him. Adalynn needs her mum. She knows something is up. She may be a baby. But she can sense something it. Go home and get changed. Have a nap and be with your daughter. If there's any change the hospital will call you," Jaime said as Sierra looked to her and nodded.

Sierra knew that she didn't want to leave Max. But she knew that she was worried. Especially as she knew someone had left him for dead. And she just wanted to know what had happened to him. She was scared.

****

Sierra sat with Adalynn. She smiled as Adalynn sat playing. "Dada!" She babbled on.

Sierra looked to her and smiled. "It's okay. Daddy will be okay baby. You don't need to worry. He will be with us soon. He's just poorly and he needs to get better," Sierra said as she looked at her little girl.

"Dada!" Adalynn said as she looked to her mummy.

Sierra sighed. She knew Adalynn didn't understand and she hated it.

She looked to her phone and sighed as she sent Jaime a text. She knew Jaime was sitting with him for her. She knew how tense it was with Max. Knowing how he wanted to hand over custody of Aimee. How Jaime didn't want that at all.

Sierra knew just how complicated that things were. And she didn't understand why Max had been attacked. She knew he had made mistakes. And it was hard.

But she knew she loved him. And she saw him as a good man. And he had changed. Sierra knew that there was more to Max that she didn't know about. And it made her question their whole relationship. And if she even knew who he was.

****

Sierra got to the hospital and frowned as she saw Jaime. "I got your message. Is everything okay? Is Max okay?" She asked feeling worried.

"There's no change. But that's not it. There's a woman here with a little boy. He's a little older than Adalynn and Aimee. She says they're Max's wife and son," Jaime said.

Sierra looked into Max's room. She saw the two of them next to Max's bed. Sierra felt sick at what she was hearing.

But was Max really living a double life? Sierra felt as if everything was a lie and asking herself just who was Max Tyler?