Twenty

Sierra knew how tense that things had gotten with Max. She didn't care about his excuses. All that she knew that she had lied to her and betrayed her.

He was building a future with her and he had a child with her while he had a secret family. And Sierra felt as if his wife needed to know the truth.

Sierra knew how she was keeping Addie away from Max. She knew that part of her felt bad for it as she knew it wasn't fair on Addie. But she knew that she didn't want someone that she didn't trust around her daughter. She knew why she was doing it. And it was for the best.

Sierra sat in her flat and looked to Addie as she played on her tablet and smiled. She knew how her daughter meant the world to her. And she knew that she was worried about things with Max.

She knew that Addie didn't understand just what was going on. And Sierra knew that was for the best right now.

Sierra made breakfast and she handed it to addie who looked up at her. "Where's daddy?" She asked. 

"Baby daddy doesn't live here anymore. He did some things. And it's better off that way."

"He no love me?" Addie asked. 

"He does. He's just taking some time away from us okay," Sierra said as Addie nodded.

She knew Addie didn't understand and she felt bad for her daughter. But she knew that she had to protect her at all costs.

****

Sierra got to work as she walked into the staffroom as she saw Tom and Jaime and smiled. "Hey. How are you?" Jaime asked.

Sierra sighed.  "My toddler is asking me questions I don't have the answers for. I just don't know what to think. My head is a mess. I just want what is best. And I don't want to see max," she said. 

"You don't need to worry about that," Tom said.

Sierra looked to him and frowned. "What do you mean by that?" She asked.

Tom looked to her and sighed. "I mean that he isn't here. Some people are saying he got suspended and others are saying he just hasn't turned up. There's something going on. Neither of you two did anything did you?" He asked.

"No," Jaime said.

Sierra shook her head. "No. Knowing Max, he will be back soon anyway unfortunately for us," she said.

****

Sierra got to the house as a woman answered. "Can I help you?" She asked.

Sierra smiled. "Your Mrs Tyler?"

"I am. And you are?"

"My name is Sierra. I have some information about your husband that I think that you deserve to know the truth about," Sierra said as the woman looked to her and frowned as she let her in.

Sierra knew what she was doing. She knew how Max would lose it if he knew what she was doing. But she knew that woman and her son deserved to know the truth.

Sierra knew just how everything was a mess right now. But could she overcome it all?