Fourteen

Sierra sighed to herself as she sat in the flat. She looked to Adalynn as she laid asleep. Sierra looked up as Max walked in and smiled. "Is she okay?" Max asked.

"I don't want her to leave my side. I can't. I can't bare the thought of losing her. Someone took her Max. And they didn't know who. Whoever crashed into me, whoever took her from the car, left her on the side of the road. Anything could had happened to her. And I just don't feel safe. I don't feel safe until they catch who did this," Sierra said.

Max sat next to her and smiled. "I know. I know that you're worried. And you have a right to be. But she's safe with you and me. She's going to be okay," Max said as he wrapped an arm around her.

Sierra sighed as she laid her head on his chest. He held her close and smiled. Sierra sighed. "I know. I just want make sure that she is safe. I mean what if all we have been through, it's Kim again," Sierra said.

Max looked to her. "Then I will sort it. I will look after you both. I promise you," Max said as Sierra looked to him and smiled.

She didn't know what to think.

****

Sierra sighed to herself as she got to work. She didn't want to leave Adalynn. Max's mum had offered to look after her.

Sierra knew eBay the last thing she wanted was to bring her daughter into the school when she felt like Kim was behind it all.

Sierra made herself a cup of coffee and sighed as Jaime walked over. "Are you okay?" Sierra asked.

Jaime looked to her and smiled. "Tom proposed. We're getting married," Jaime said as she showed her best friend the ring.

Sierra smiled and nodded. "That's great. But why do you look crappy?"

"I'm pregnant. Max and I had words this morning," Jaime said.

Sierra looked to her and frowned. "What's happened?" She asked as she took a sip of her coffee.

"He wants to sign his rights over for Aimee to Tom. He said she's better off without him. I just can't believe he would do that. She's his daughter. And she loves him. He's turning his back on her. I know we aren't together. But he is Aimee's father," Jaime said.

Sierra looked to her and smiled. "He's an idiot. I will talk to him. And I'll sort it. I promise," she said.

Sierra knew Max was a great dad. And the fact he was willing to give up and sign rights of his daughter over didn't make sense.

****

Sierra sighed as she walked into the office. Sierra looked to see the empty office. She frowned. "Max. I know you're in here. You can't hide from me," she said.

She frowned to herself. She saw Max as he laid unconscious on the ground. "Max! Wake up baby! Max!" She yelled.

Sierra saw that he was bleeding. He had been hit over the head and left for dead. But who had attacked Max? And would he be okay?

Sierra knew one thing. She was going to kill whoever did this.