Sixteen

Sierra didn't know what to think. She couldn't believe that Max had been lying to her. He had a wife and a son. He had lied about everything.

Sierra felt as if she didn't know him. She wanted him to wake up and tell her it was all a mistake. How it wasn't what it seemed. But Sierra knew that deep down it was true. And she hated it.

Sierra sat in the house. She looked to see Adalynn. She smiled.  "It's okay baby. Mummy is here. She loves you. Daddy is a liar. I promise he isn't going to hurt or lie to us anymore. It will be okay," she mumbled as Adalynn babbled away.

Sierra knew how hard it was. She knew that Max was lying to her about everything. She didn't know what was the truth and what was a lie. She wanted to know why. Sierra wanted to know why he would do such a thing to her.

Sierra heard a knock at the door and stood up. She answered it and smiled as she saw Jaime with Aimee. She smiled as Jaime walked inside. "I'm sorry. I just couldn't keep this from you," Jaime said.

Sierra smiled. "Don't worry. It's not your fault" Sierra said as she looked to Aimee and Adalynn who were playing and smiled. "I just don't know why he would do it. Why he would do this to them."

She knew it was a mess.

****

Sierra sighed as she got to the hospital. She knew that she wanted answers from Max. She wanted to know why. But she knew that he was still in a coma.

Sierra walked into the room. She looked to him. She knew part of her loved him still. But she knew that deep down that she hated him for all of the secrets and lies.

He led another life. And that was something she couldn't forgive. She walked over and sat next to his bed and looked to him

"You know I am glad that you're in a coma. I know the truth. I know all the lies that you have told. I know about the wife and your son. I don't even know you. You lied to me about everything. And just so you know you need to find somewhere else to live as I don't trust you. I don't want you around Adalynn. Go and stay with your wife for all I care. After all you have done, this is the worse thing that you could do" Sierra said as she stood up and walked off.

****

Sierra sat in the staff room as she got to work. She knew that work was the last place that she wanted to be.

Sierra knew that she needed was teenagers. But it was her job. Max had taken so much from her already. And she wasn't going to let him do it again.

Sierra looked as Rachel walked in. She looked to her daughter. She frowned. "Are you okay?" Rachel asked as Sierra shook her head. Rachel pulled her daughter into a hug and held her close

But could Rachel protect Sierra as Max was about to wake up. he wasn't going to let Sierra leave him anytime soon.