Nineteen

Sierra was annoyed at Max. She had confronted him over the lies and the fact he was married with a son. All that he had said was it wasn't what she thought.

She knew how he was treating her like an idiot. But she knew that she was no idiot. She knew that he had used her and he had used Jaime for his own benefit.

All that she could think about was Addie and Aimee. The innocence of them. And how they were going to be the ones who got hurt.

Sierra knew how much she'd do to protect her daughter. She knew that she was scared. She knew that she was worried about what was going on with her and Max.

Sierra looked to Addie as she sat playing with her toys and smiled. She knew how she'd do anything to protect her little girl. But she didn't know what that meant with Max.

She looked to her phone and saw the missed calls off of Max. She didn't want his excuse or lies. She wanted the truth. And she knew Max. He never told the truth.

She knees that she was considering keeping Addie from him. She knew it wasn't fair on her. But Max had hardly seen her in the last month. Ans he hardly bothered with her.

Sierra knew how it was a big decision to make. She knew that it all scared her.

She knew wanted for it to be okay. But she knew how none of it was. She knew she had a big decision to make about Max and their daughter.

****

Sierra got to work. She smiled as she saw Jaime who looked to her and smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" Jaime asked.

Sierra looked to her and sighed. "No not really. My head is a mess with everything. And I don't know what to think. He won't explain it to me. He just said it's not what it seems. Whatever that means. I am trying to do what's best for Addie. Even if it means I don't let him see her."

"He won't like that."

"He's already signed rights over for Aimee. And he doesn't bother with Addie. Besides, it's not about him it's her. He sees her. And then she's upset for days as he's not around. It's not fair on her," Sierra said.

Jaime smiled. "You know what's best for her. Do what you have to," she said.

****

Sierra sat in her classroom. She looked to see Max as he walked down the hall. All that she felt when she looked to him was anger. Anger for what he had done. For him ruining everything.

Sierra sighed as she looked to a number that Jaime had give her for a lawyer that she used. She knew that part of her didn't want to do this. But she did want to do what was best.

Sierra knew that she didn't trust Max. And he wasn't going to give her the Answers she wanted.

But was she really going to go as far as making sure he never saw Addie again?