Thirteen

Max tried to calm Sierra down. She was losing it. "Calm down," Max said for what he felt like was the 500th time since he had been at the hospital.

Sierra turned to him and glared. "I dare you to tell me to calm down again. Our daughter has been taken and you're calm as ice!"

"Because one of us has to be reasonable and calm. That's not you right now is it?"

"Blow it out your arse."

Max smirked. He knew Sierra was worried about their daughter. But he also knew that they had to calm down. Kicking off wouldn't help the situation.

****

The police arrived at the hospital to get Sierra's statement. All she remembered was a black car crashing into hers. She didn't even know who could or would have taken her daughter.

The police soon left. Sierra was crying. "M-Max. What if she was hurt after the crash? She could be poorly," she mumbled.

Max held her close. He knew how much she was blaming herself. He kissed the top of her head. "I promise. Everything is going to be okay. They'll find her."

Sierra wiped away her tears.

****
Jaime arrived at the hospital. She needed to see Sierra. She couldn't imagine what Sierra was going through. Max was standing outside the room. "Is everything okay?" She asked.

Max sighed. "They're examining Sierra. The police are trying to find Adalynn. They don't sound too confident thought. They're not telling her that."

"Max. I'm so sorry."

Max sighed again. He was staying strong for Sierra. But all he wanted was his little girl back. Jaime pulled him into a hug. "They'll find her. I promise you."

"I hope so. I don't know how Sierra will cope otherwise."

****

Jaime and Sierra were sitting in silence. Sierra wiped away her tears. "It's all going to be okay."

"She's probably scared and not knowing what's happening. What if some sicko took her and they're hurting her," Sierra sobbed.

Jaime held her close. "Don't think like that. The police will find her."

"And if they don't? How the hell would I be able to live with myself?"

****

Max had just gotten some coffee when the officer in charge of finding Adalynn got a call. He looked at Max. "Your daughter has been spotted with a middle aged woman. She doesn't appear to be harmed. Officers are on their way now."

Max went into Sierra's room. Sierra was shaking. "W-What?"

"They've found her."

Sierra paled. She tried to climb out of bed when Max stopped her. "Is she hurt?"

"No."

****

Sierra was waiting for her daughter. She couldn't handle being without her for a moment longer. The paramedics soon brought Adalynn in.

Sierra immediately took her baby and held her close. "I'm so sorry my little angel."

Adalynn was fast asleep. She didn't know what was going on.

****

Adalynn had been taken for some tests. Sierra hated how her little baby was going through so much. She wiped away her tears.

She knew in that moment she had to keep her daughter safe. Even if that meant leaving Rochdale behind.