Chapter Thirty

It had been 6 months later. 6 months of blissful family time.

The night after Y/N and Bucky had finally told Rori about their relationship, life had gotten a touch easier now that there wasn't as much separation between the two.

Bucky spent most the nights over, which Rori didn't blink an eye at the two sharing a bed. If anything, she took it as an easier way to move movie night into her mom's room with a bigger bed and a better TV as she put it.

Now it wasn't just Y/N's head that she was bouncing up and down on in the morning, but also Bucky. Lucky for Y/N, Bucky was a little more of an early riser than her, so when Rori did wake up, most of the time Bucky was already in the kitchen making coffee so he intercepted her from waking her mom during the summer days.

Y/N noticed that her closet now had a section for Bucky where he had clothes to spend the night in, and even noticed while doing laundry that she had snuck in those clothes in at times.

They had many more date nights, babysitting nights with Luis and Doris, and all kinds of family nights with the three of them.

But one of her favorite family nights was during her birthday. Close to the end of summer, Bucky and Rori kicked Y/N out of the house to have a day to herself where Bucky gave her money for a spa day, shopping spree, and a little extra to do whatever she wanted while they prepared for the night.

So after a nice homemade breakfast in bed, she got dressed and made her way to get her nails done, got a facial, and went to the mall for a few new outfits since she had the chance. Seeing that she wasn't one to shop for long, she went over to Hope's where her friend took her out for lunch and they spent the afternoon with just the two. Which surprisingly had been a while since they had the chance to just have a girls day without kids running around.

But alas, she was told to get home at 5 on the dot for the surprise Bucky and Rori had been laboring over all day.

When she started putting her key in the door to come in, a shout came from the other side and it whipped open to show Rori.

"Wait right there! I have to get the blindfold!" she smiled, before shutting the door in her mom's face and returning with a scarf. "Ok, bend down. I have to put this on you before you go inside."

Y/N laughed but did as instructed, and once she was blinded, she felt Bucky wrap his hand around her waist, and the other grabbed her hand to guide her.

"For the record, just be glad I won the rock paper scissors match on who gets to guide you in. We did a trial run with Rori and I hit about every piece of furniture in the house," he whispered in her ear.

Y/N let out another laugh. "I'm gonna guess she just ran straight to wherever your surprise is instead of looking around."

"You would guess right."

"Ok, enough chit-chat! It's time for the surprise!" Rori jumped impatiently.

"Ok, ok. Lead the way, munchkin," Bucky laughed before guiding Y/N in.

Once arriving in the kitchen, Bucky told her she could take the blindfold off. And when she saw what was in front of her, she couldn't hold back the gasp.

On the kitchen island, surrounded by many many decorations and a few presents, there was a homemade cake decorated with hand piped flowers, polka dots, a few bandaid looking things, and on top was Bucky's handwriting saying Happy Birthday next to Rori's handwriting of Mom.

It was scrappy to say the least, but Y/N didn't pay any mind to it. It was homemade and made with a lot of effort to make her happy. And it did just that.