Chapter 4

August seemed to have been transported into another world – that or he was dead. How he came to such a conclusion? First, the four males who'd been kind enough to donate their food and supplies before running away had had 'unusual' animal features. Then, if that wasn't enough, he saw the four turn into giant animals as they hightailed it away from him. At first, he had been shocked, but at least it was hopefully better than being mashed jam at the bottom of a cliff.

Looking up from the fire at the sound of drumming steps, August saw an intimidating lion speeding towards him. August reflectively froze and blanched. He was unsure if this giant creature was another of those odd shifter things or if it only saw him as an easy meal...

Noticing the female's apparent unease, Ekon smoothly shifted back to his human form. He preened a bit when he noticed the small female watching him slack-jawed.

"Female! I am Ekon and I will make you mine." He proudly declared as he approached the small being, towering above her seated form. His ears twitched and his tail flicked as he waited for her joyful reply.

The grave booming voice sent a shiver down August's spine. He stared in mouth open shock at the statement and at the male's appearance. This male had a mane of wild golden hair that reflected the fire's light. Peeking out from his hair were two rounded lion ears covered in fuzzy golden fur. Then, there was the male's tufted tail swishing behind him.

August pointedly ignored the large packaged dangling in front of his nose as he craned his neck to seek out the strange male's eyes.

Ekon took the female's silence for acceptance of his statement and began observing her in the silence that followed. The first thing he noticed was that she had a very flat chest, but no matter. Her skin was of a smooth milky color, with fluffy black hair that shined like silk. What drew his attention the most however, was the female's silvery gray eyes that seemed to reflect all light. Like still water, they mirrored any color in their surroundings, making it look like they were constantly shifting color.

Recovering from his stupor August finally answered the absurd male. "I'm NOT a female. And I will NOT be yours." He said with a bit of an edge to his voice, defensively crossing his arms over his chest. The people from this place all needed to get their eyes checked, cuz apparently, they were all blind as bats.

"My female, why did those males leave you alone?" Ekon asked warmly. He crouched down in front of the female.

Scratch that, more blind than bats and completely def. "I. AM. NOT. A. FEMALE." August bit out. "I'm male and I will NOT be yours." He repeated again, as the lion man had yet to understand.

"You smell like a female." Ekon deadpanned.

"I can assure you! I am a male!" August countered.

"Prove it." Ekon replied with a twinkle in his eye.

In a huff, August hoped to his feet, removed his climbing safety harness and pulled his pants down. The fresh air on his now exposed flesh gave him a shiver, but he made sure that the brute in front of his got a good long look before he yanked his pants up. "See! I have the same bits as you!"

"hmmmm... There must be an error" Ekon mumbled. In actual fact, he did not mind that this female appeared to have the body of a male. She smelled female and he was convinced as such until proven otherwise. The packaging she came in was of no concern to him. In actual fact, he was quite happy that she appeared to have the same 'bits' as him, that way it would be easier to please her sexually. She'd have the same pleasure spots as him. Ekon smiled at the realisation.

Ready to pull his hair out, or smash his head against a brick wall, August all but shouted, "THERE IS NO ERROR! I. HAVE. A. F*CKING. D*CK! I'm male, get it through your thick skull!"