Chapter 11

Here's the Monday update!

Enjoy~

--------------

Miraculously, Ekon managed to convince August to sleep in the hut that night. It had taken a lot of promises that he wasn't sure he could keep. At least not in a timely manner. Then, he once again had to create a new nest, tossing old his old and musty one. The latter being something he had already been planning to do.

August had also demanded that Ekon sleep in his beast form for fear of being jumped. Little did he know that even in that form, the possibility was equally as present.

None the less, Ekon still relished the opportunity to snuggle up to his mate.

Come morning, August was woken up by stray light seeping into the shelter through cracks. They were everywhere. The place was in desperate need of renovations as well as some basic décor.

Popping a few joins with a large stretch, August felt much better that morning. He snuggled back into the warm lion's side, enjoying the peaceful morning. The pain in his bum had subsided to a dull pulse. Creating only mild discomfort. It would be of no hindrance once they went exploring the city later that day – one of the promises Ekon had made.

Ekon had agreed to bring him when he went to inform the land manager that he had returned. Turned out that Ekon owned the small hut and would have full rights to modify it as he saw fit. Who knew that this world also had the notion of renting.

The news had brought August great pleasure. He had always rented city apartments with strict rules prohibiting any modifications, even repainting was a no-go. As such, the young man had begun planning what would need to be done around the Ekon's place.

No way was he passing up the chance to plan some renovations.

Feeling fur turn to skin, August sat up with a groan to look at the now naked, yawning man sitting cross legged beside him.

"I will go hunt us some breakfast. Don't go out while I'm away." The large, muscular man instructed as he stood to his full height. His spirited package shamelessly at August's eye level.

August looked away quickly, the lion man was definitely healthy and youthful. He'd had enough proof on their first night together, he didn't need more.

"Arm band!" August called out before Ekon could leave the hut with his arm bare.

Disappointed that his mate had turned away, Ekon swipped up his arm covering as he headed out. "Remember; stay inside." He reminded over his shoulder as he left.

August flopped back down onto the pile of hides, pulling a fur over and around himself for more comfort. With a sigh he went back to sleep.

-----

Ekon proudly marched towards the city gates in his human form, his arm band held in his hand. Usually, he would have shifted to his lion form. This time, however, he had some special news in need of some showing off.

No harm in a bit of pride. He figured that as long as August didn't find out, all would be good.

On his way, he was sure to greet every male he was familiar with. Most were mated and off to hunt for their females and family. So, none really payed attention to what the young lion man had been attempting to flaunt.

Reaching the gate in far more time than what was necessary, Ekon decided he'd stop and talk to the guards. Usually, the beastmen who guarded the gate were unmated and didn't mind a distraction from their duty.