Chapter 20

_Sage_

It was Monday morning and I was headed to Kace's class with Mateo hot on my trail. "Sagey, are you mad about yesterday?" He asked, I sighed and turned around to face him.

"Look Mateo you're an amazing guy, if only the circumstances were different." I said and turned back around and continued walking to class, him still following close behind.

"Okay but what does that even mean?! Is it because of me? Look I can change." He said in a panicked mode. I felt so bad seeing him say those things as if he isn't already perfect. I shook my head.

"It has nothing to do with you Mateo, I promise. It's just I'm going through a lot right now, and like I said I don't wanna drag you into my mess." I said as he finally caught up to me and walked besides me.

He looked down at me. "Okay well if you just explain it to me maybe I could help you get through it, love." He quietly spoke, I looked up at his face. He looks like he meant it, but is he really prepared for me to come out and say 'hey I like you but a few weeks ago I actually got pregnant by another guy!' Like no I definitely cannot ruin his happiness with that.

"Mateo.. Mateo.. Mateo, you're too sweet for this world, love." I said and entered the class room.

"Hey wait!" He shouted after, I laughed and took my seat.

His of course right next to mine.

He smirked and sat down. "Hi, baby." He whispered, I rolled my eyes.

"Mateo, seriously.." I said in a annoyed tone.

"What sugar plum." His sentence ended with a sigh.

"You're so corny!" He laughed and fake punched me. (Playfully yall not full on domestic abuse)

Kace cleared his throat and stared at the two of us. "Rivers, Diaz please quiet down. Class started five minutes ago, leave the playing for recess." Mateo rolled his eyes and removed his hands from my desk.

"Why you such a mood killer, mr Moore." Mateo said, Kace looked at him with an annoyed look.

"Mr. Diaz I'm very much not in the right mood to deal with your games today, so please be quiet." Mateo shook his head but kept quiet.

I looked up at kace, he looked upset. I shook my head to rid my mind of feeling even a slight bit of sympathy for that asshole.

30 Minutes Later

The bell rings and everyone is quick to leave the class. I slowly pack my things up, Mateo is waiting for me. "You coming, sagey?" He asked.

"In a minute, Im gonna just talk to mr Moore about my grades real quick." Mateo nods and leave the room along with everyone else. I sigh and walk up to Kace's desk.

He didn't seem to notice me at first because he had his nose deep in some paperwork.

He looked up from the sound of me clearing my throat. He shook his head but stood up to close his door. "Can I help you with something, mr rivers?" He asked in a formal tone, I rolled my eyes.

"Would you stop with the mr rivers shit." I loudly said.

"Sage what is it?" He asked in a defensive tone, I crossed my arms.

"You know I kinda started feeling bad for you today, but you just reminded me of how much of an ass you are!" I shouted.

He gave me a weird look and sighed. "I'm sorry okay? It's just me and my significant other are kinda having problems right now."