Chapter 46

_Sage_

It was the end of the day.

The bell rung so everyone got up and rushed out the class rooms. I slowly walked out of my last class, looking for Mateo.

Blair walked up to me. "When we get home you wanna watch the new stranger things?" She asked, I shook my head.

"I can't, Mr. Moore gave me detention for 'talking back'." I mumbled, her eyes widened.

"What an asshole." She mumbled and rolled her eyes, I agreed.

"Okay well Bronx can pick you up after school, just let us know."

"Okay thanks I gotta go." She nodded and turned to walk down the hall towards the exit.

I finally spotted Mateo walking out of the bathroom. I walked over to him. "Are you ready for detention?" I asked with an eye roll, he chuckled.

"As long as I'm with you, it's not too bad." He smiled and grabbed my hand.

We walked down to Mr. Moores classroom holding hands.

We entered the room to see Kace sitting at his desk doing some paperwork. "Have a seat, maybe catch up on those missing assignments." He didn't even look up as he said, I huffed and took a  seat in the middle. Mateo sat down right next to me and pushed our desks together.

Kace looked up. "Mr. Diaz, move your desk back immediately." He said, Mateo laughed.

"You're no fun sir!" He joked and moved his desk back.

Kace then got a phone call, he stood up. "I'm gonna take this call, no talking while I'm gone!" He quickly said and walked out.

Mateo pushed his desk back next to mine. "Hi." He said with a smirk, I let out a small giggle.

"You're such a dork!" I teased.

Kace soon came back in to the classroom. "I forgot I had some things to do after school, so I'm going to have Mr. Delgado come in." He said and started grabbing some stuff off his desk.

"Why him? Bro he extra." Mateo said and smacked his lips.

"Mr. Diaz it's not up for discussion."

Mr. Delgado walked in, Kace gave him a smile. "Thank you so much, Mr. Delgado. Detention ends in an hour!" He said and left the room, leaving us with Mr. Delgado.

"You can either pull out some homework or assignments you have do, or take a math quiz I have copies of for my other classes?" He said, Mateos and I quickly pulled out our own work.

"Good, now I want complete silence. No words should be uttered out of your mouths for the next our, clear?" He said in a strict tone, we nodded our heads.

After detention was finally over Mr. Delgado let us leave.

"That's shit was so boring, I couldn't even talk to you!" Mateo said in an irritated tone.

"I know." I agreed.

"Do you want me to call my cousin and ask for a ride?" I asked him.

"No it's fine we can walk." He said.

We left the school and started walking towards my house. The sky was starting to darken up a bit already, but we didn't mind. Mateo made me feel safe and secure whenever I was with him.

We walked hand in hand back to my house. We got to my door, I turned around to look at the taller boy. "Do you want me to ask my cousin if we can drop you off? It's getting late I don't want you to walk." I said, he shook his head.

"Baby, you don't got to worry about me I'll be fine. I promise." He said and kissed my forehead.

"Are you sure?" I quietly asked, he chuckled.

"Yes sweetheart!"

"Text me when you get home?" He nodded his head.

"You know I will." He then turned and started walking down to the sidewalk and down the block. I sighed as I opened my front door. "Mom! Are you home?!" I heard my mom in the kitchen so I started walking towards it.

"You're not going to believe the day I had! My dumbass teacher Mr. Moore gave me detention an-" I was cut off by the scene in front of me. My eyes widened as my blood ran cold. I could tell by the look on his face we both felt the same. What the fuck is he doing here?

No this can't be happening...

To Be Continued...