Chapter 30

_Sage_

It was a few days later and I couldn't stop thinking about what Kace said, not because I wanted to take him up on his offer but because hes really wiling to cheat to have sex with me? How could you do that to someone you say you care about.

I was thinking about telling Mateo but for some reason, I feel like he'd hate me if he knew who the father of my child was. So for now I'll keep that to myself.

I sighed and continued to type on my computer, but I was too distracted to think about school.

I decided to call Mateo, but he didn't answer. Weird. I texted him and put my phone back down.

I never heard it ding though, I shook my head and picked my phone back up.

This boy really don't wanna talk to me right now? I rolled my eyes and put my headphones in to listen to some music.

Maybe I should go for a walk? I looked at my window to see it was almost dark already, probably not, I'll save that for another day.

The Next Day

It was almost the end of the school day and I was looking for mateo. As I was about to turn the corner of where his locker was located, I heard talking.

"Do you guys think I should tell him?" Mateos voice lowly said, I gulped. I felt bad for listening in to his private conversation, but I couldn't help myself.

"If you really care about him like you said you do, I would." Another guy chimed in. Must be his friends.

"But he's already going through enough right now, I don't wanna add onto that." Are they talking about me?

"Man if you don't he could end up getting hurt." another guy said.

"You're right, I'm gonna tell him." Mateo said. What the hell is going on. I quickly walked away so he didn't know I was listening to him.

Is mateo seeing someone else?

He probably got tired of waiting around for me. How could I miss my chance to be with someone who actually loves me? Fuck!

My vision blurred as tears swelled in my eyes. I tired to wipe them away but they kept coming. Maybe it's better this way, I don't want mateo to put his love life on hold for me.

It's probably for the best.

I left the school and stepped outside.

Mateo was probably looking for me now to tell me the news, but I'll just save him the trouble by leaving him alone.

I walked down the street away from the school.

A few minutes passed as I continued walking down the street. My phone started to ring and I realized it was Mateo. I sighed but didn't answer it as I continued.

He called me a few more times before I finally gave in. "Hello?" I asked in a quiet tone.

"Sage, why weren't you answering? Where are you?!" He said.

"I needed to clear my head." I said back.

"What do you mean? Did you leave the school?!" He urgently said.

"Yes...why?" I asked.

"Sage where are you? Please come back to the school, let me walk you to where ever you want. But please don't go alone!" Mateo sounded upset?

"Mateo it's fine I know you found someone else, I didn't mean to but I overheard you talking with your friends."

"No Sage that's not what we meant! Please you have to get back over here now!" He shouted now, I gulped.