Chapter 44

_Sage_

It was the next day, Mateo slept over. Obviously. We both fell asleep on the couch, I was the first one up. I didn't get much sleep since I kept waking up. I sighed as I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. The bags under my eyes were dark, my bruises were still pretty fresh so that'd take awhile to heal up. I frowned as I stared at my own reflection.

Only one word that came to mind.

Disgust.

I felt ugly, dirty, all the unpleasant words in the dictionary could describe how I feel about myself these days. Why? I never felt like this before... maybe it was the marks that littered my once clear face, or the fact that no matter how much I washed and washed I still felt dirty, hell I looked dirty. Maybe I deserved it, probably worse. Those women should've been saved, not me... why me? Me of all people, why do I get to come home? I shouldn't... it's not fair. Why can't I just be happy that I'm alive, that I'm home where I begged to be for days.

Why can't I be happy..?" I thought back to my time spent there, I wasn't even there that long. Surely I wasn't strong enough, those women had to endure so much more... and I couldn't even stand being there for a week.

I still felt like the chains were bounding me to one spot for days on end, I still felt the cold air of the empty warehouse. I felt and seen all the bruises on my body, I feel it all. I got into the shower, maybe the hot water would burn the memories away.

My wrist were raw and bruised just like my ankles, dried up blood that never washed away yesterday fell down the drain. Will this always effect the way it does right now, I hope not. I want the bruises and memories to wash away like the blood. Go away, please. I wished the world could stop, so I could have just one minute to breathe. Just one.

Trigger warning !!!

Pictures depicting what happened to Sage!!!

Continue...

I sighed and turned the water off, getting out the shower. They want me to go get checked at the hospital, I don't want to but I need to make sure my baby is okay.

I got dressed and headed downstairs. Mateo was sitting on the couch, he turned to look at me. "Hi love, good morning." He said in a sleepy tone.

"Good morning." I said and took a seat next to him.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked.

"I slept good." By the look on his face I think he knew I was lying but decided not to push any further.

"Does your mom even know you're here?" I asked with a smirk on my face, he chuckled.

"Yes she does, she said it was ok. She actually texted me while I was sleeping saying I better be taking good care of you or she'll whack me with her chanclas!" He said with a laugh, I smiled at him.