Chapter 43

_Sage_

After I finished showering I got dressed and went down stairs to see my family waiting. I sighed as I took a seat next to Mateo.

"How you feeling?" He asked, I shrugged.

"Like shit. I'm kind of tired." I said and stuck out my bottom lip, he laughed.

"My poor baby." He teased, I smiled as I lay my head on his shoulder.

He gently rubs under my chin. "Want to lay down?" Mateo asked, I nodded. He helped me lay down, my head in his lap.

"What if I fall asleep?" I ask, he chuckles.

"That's okay, I'll hold you until you wake up." He says, smile plastered on his face.

Surely enough I drifted off to sleep.

I must've been sleeping for about an hour when I wake up to a lot of talking, and Mateo rubbing my head. I groan and look up at him. "You're up." He said. I sat up with a yawn.

All my family is here, I jump back a bit when I see them all staring at me. "Sage we missed you!"

"I can't believe you're finally back!"

"Where did they take you!"

"What was it like?!"

"Are you okay?!"

"We're glad you're back!" A whole bunch of talking and shouting at once. It overwhelmed me. I think Mateo noticed because shortly after he was pulling me out the back door into my backyard.

We stood on the patio, it was probably around 8:30pm so it was already dark.

"Wanna talk..?" He quietly asked, I shook my head.

"Not yet, in a bit." I said as I stared up at the stars. He gave me a nod and walked closer to me.

"Can I hold you?" I gave him a nod.

He gently wrapped his arms around my waist and set his chin on my shoulder, then kissed my temple. A small blush may have creeped onto my face.

"We don't have to talk, we can just breathe. Take some time to collect yourself, I know you're overwhelmed I would be too. You have every right to be, mi amor. They'll understand that you needed a minute to yourself. Want me to go?" He gently said, I shook my head.

"I do need a minute to myself, but that minute includes you." I shyly said, I felt his lips turn into a smile as they pressed against my cheek.

He rubbed my growing baby bump. "Tomorrow we really got to take you in, make sure everything's okay. I worry about you cariño." He said.

"I know you do, but I promise I'll go tomorrow." I quietly replied.

We stood there for a few minutes in silence.

"I feel so bad for saying this but even though I'm free, I still feel trapped. I feel dirty and guilty, especially since some of those women didn't get to go home. But I did, and I get to have my baby. It feels wrong, what they have going on needs to be shut down." I said, he hummed.

"Look at me honey." He said in a sweet tone, I turned around and looked up at him.

"You shouldn't feel guilty you deserve to be here right now, and yes those women deserve to go home too. But it's not your fault what this man did, he'll pay. Karma will get them." He said to me, I nodded and let him hold my face.

"Sagey, Sagey, Sagey...you're too good for this world, love." He said and kissed my head.

I covered my face in my hands from embarrassment. "Stop.." I whined, he chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"God I missed your beautiful face." He whispered, I gulped.

"I missed yours." I quietly uttered. He sighed and grabbed my hands, holding them up to his chest.

I seen tears welled up in his eyes, I've never seen him cry before. "I prayed everyday that you were safe and that I'd see you again you don't understand, I'm in love with you. I cent even imagine my life without you." He said in a sincere tone, trying not to choke up. I removed my eyes from his chest and wrapped them around his neck.

"But you saved me, if I hadn't overreacted and tried to walk home this would've never happened. I thought you found someone else, but I was wrong. I'm just happy to be back, I thought about you everyday. About us, and our baby." I didn't realize what I said until I did. He looked me in my eyes, I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"Our..?" He trailed off. I was lost for words, so instead of saying anything I went inside.

I seen my family in the living room so I took a seat on the couch. "Sage?" I heard Mateo call as he walked in.

"Sage I'm so happy you're home." Blair said and gave me a hug, I was glad because it got Mateo to not talk about what just happened outside.

"How are you feeling?" Gunner asked, I shrugged.

"Sore, tired, all of the above." I said, he gave me a nod.

"Sage I'm making you something to eat." My mom said and walked into the kitchen, I sighed.

Mateo gently squeezed my hand, I gave him a small smile. "You're okay, breathe." He whispered to me. He's too good to me.

"You guys I think we should head home for the night, Sage is probably tired and overwhelmed." My uncle Eric said, I looked up at him and smiled. He nodded his head, as if he knew exactly what I was thinking.

Some of my cousins didn't want to leave but they eventually got up to go. Blair and the other guys gave me a hug. "Love you Sage, get some rest. We'll check on you tomorrow." Blair said, I nodded.

"Thank you, love you guys too."

Bronx rubbed my shoulder. "Happy your home kid, love you." He said and left, the rest following after him.

"Get some rest kid, we're happy to have you back." Eric said.

They all left and I sighed as I sat on the couch. "I feel bad for not wanting anyone around, am I selfish?" I turned to ask Silvia and Mateo. They both shook their heads.

"Baby, you just got home stop feeling guilty. We talked about this." Mateo gently said, Silvia nodded.

"He's right. You need space to heal and settle back in, and everything will go back to the way it was when it does. Don't feel selfish, your body and mind should be your main priority. Take care of it." She said, I got up and gave her a hug.

"I missed you Silv."

"I missed you Sagey."

My dad walked in from the kitchen. "You're leaving already?" I asked, he shook his head.

"Hell no. I don't trust that man, I gotta make sure you guys are safe." He said, I nodded. He was right, who knew if and when Gabriel would come back or not. It was a scary feeling, not knowing. But I don't want to think about that right now, I just want some peace of mind. I want to relax without being scared, so I grabbed the tv remote. "Family guy?" I asked, Silvia and Mateo nodded.

"You and Aria are the same." Silvia joked, I gave her a confused look.

"Aria..?" I trailed off in confusion.

"You'll love her." She said, I just nodded my head because I had no idea who she was talking about.

"Okay.." I said and continued putting the show on.

Things are okay, for the first time in days. I still don't feel right. Guilt was eating away at me from the back of my mind, I wished it'd stop. I didn't deserve what happened to me, and neither did any of those innocent girls. I shook my head and stopped my mind from roaming, as I placed my attention on the screen in front of me.

To Be Continued...