Chapter 50

_Sage_

It's been about 2 weeks, so tomorrow I'm finding out the gender of my baby. I was excited, and so was Mateo. He wouldn't stop talking about what the baby could be, it was so adorable seeing him all gushy. I laughed as we currently walked through the isles of the gas station. Mateo and I didn't have our license yet so Silvia and her boyfriend Jeremy drove us, they were waiting in the car. I badly wanted some snacks so I begged them to take me. And who would turn down a pregnant Sage?

I happily grabbed stuff and handed it to Mateo. "Let's get these." He said and grabbed some gummy worms, I quickly nodded my head.

I soon heard my phone ring, it was my dad. "Sage where are you?" He asked in a worried tone, I looked at Mateo who was giving me a questioning look. Probably wondering who I was speaking to.

"At the gas station with Mateo, why?" I asked.

"You need to come home, now." He said in a stern tone, I gulped.

"Dad what's going on?" I asked in a shaky tone, Mateo walked closer to me.

"We're close to finding Gabriel, but he found out I was after him and fled. Get home, please!" I gasped.

"Ok, ok! I'm on my way!" I quickly said and hung up, putting all the snacks back onto the shelf.

"What happened?" I sighed and looked at Mateo.

"Gabriel knows my dad and his men are onto him." He also began putting the stuff down, he then grabbed my hand and quickly led me out the store.

He opened my door and quickly ushered me into the car then got in on his side, Silvia and Jeremy gave confused looks. "What's going on?" She asked.

"Gabriel knows about dads men, and remember dad said Gabriel might come looking for me." I quickly said. Silvia motioned for Jeremy to drive.

We arrived back home and quickly went inside. Mom, dad, Mia, and David were already waiting in the living room.

"Sage, you have to hide away until we know it's safe." My dad said.

"Where would I even go?!" I frantically asked. I so deathly afraid of Gabriel, but is hiding really going to solve anything?

"Well you can't stay at my house because Scarlett knows I live there." He said in thought.

"He can't go to Mia's either, because David." My mom said.

"He can stay with me and my mom." Mateo said, I quickly shook my head.

"Now the hell I'm not, I'm not going to put guys in danger!" I quickly said.

"They don't know me or where I live, it'll be fine." It looks like my family agreed with him. I don't want to bring trouble to where his mom lives, I hate this idea. But I knew he wasn't going to take no for an answer.

"Go get a bag packed, you'll probably be there for a few weeks until things quiet down." My dad said. I nodded and went to grab some stuff from my room, Mateo obviously following behind me.

I was a little upset that he's willing to put himself and his mom in danger, is he stupid? I started digging through my closet and grabbing things. He watched me walk back and forth, keeping his eyes on me.

"Why are you mad?" He asked as if nothing was wrong, I huffed and left my beg sitting there on the bed next to where he was sitting, and turned to look at him.

"What if something happens to one of you? It would be all my fault!" I groaned out, Mateo pulled me between his legs.

"Nothing is going to happen, you guys are going to be safe. I promise I'll protect the three of you." He said as he held my hands, I sighed.