Prologue

Disclaimer mention of sexual assault

It was a long evening after many boxes were picked. A girl who is currently 17 was sitting on the edge of her bed. She felt the presence of someone at her front door of her apartment. Walking to the front door in a carefree manner. Opening the door she did but there was no one, looking down was a parcel, but when trying to pick the box up...

"Shing..."

This moment, a knife slashed down on the girl but with her instinct kicked in... she stopped the knife.

"Dammit, you never seem to let your guard down, don't you? Karina..." Said a fairly disappointed teen boy.

"He... nice try, at least... with more training, and you might just win, but are you sure you are out of the cameras sight?" The girl he called Karina asked whilst pointing at the camera's direction in the hopes that he didn't catch the event.

"Relax, I switched the device on before doing that." Answered the boy whilst scratching the back of his head.

"Anyway, you should take a look in the parcel something new of come up, and from what I was told, this will be a solo mission for you..." he added and yawned.

"Solo... that's rare even for the clan. Never mind, thanks, Ryan." Karina said as the boy seemingly to be called Ryan walked off and gave a salute to Karina.

Walking back into her apartment and opening the box comes, another box this one decorated with a dark purple warping with a hot pink colour ribbon, on the ribbon there was a card on it with a lovely handwriting saying "Happy 15th Birthday Karina" below those words was a signature which says "Daniel".

Seeing that name solely made Karina shed a tear. She missed her friend, who she had left without a goodbye for a decade. But seeing the note again she realized that it was supposed to be given to her on her 15th birthday but now she is 17.

Karina was confused on why it was given to her today, but as she opened her gift there lies a butterfly haircilp, one look and she immediately knew that this was custom made, it has a gradient of pink with a few white hearts. (Is the one on the cover, by the way.) There lies a soft smile on her face. But her attention was drawn away by a tablet under the gift, which was where her next mission would be given.

As Karina switched the tablet on, a video plays instantly.

"Well done on completing your mission A16. Oh, I hope you like the gift that was given along with your next mission. This next location of your mission of yours, will actually be at your hometown. You might wonder why but there are a few odd cases over there and thre are about 5 victims possibly more to come, all of them have been males so far, but it is not really safe to say that it is caused by a male or female. Take a look at the findings. There are similarities." The photos popped by and they were all pretty disturbing, all victims seems to be in their early twenties but by their current status they were all wrinkled like someone in their eighties, and that's not all they all appeared to be sexually assaulted.

Anyone would be disgusted by a sight like this, but this doesn't seem to disturb Karina as she, despite being 17, is used to this disgusting or horrifying image.

"Anyway, from our sources, it scales down the suspect quite a bit. Your target might be the sub-species of demon kind, the Succubus for their female counterpart and the male counterpart the Incubus. But by now it should be back to square one again because there are a lot of them in your home city. Your apartment has already been checked and bought before hand the letter should be in the box, and the moving crew will be coming at this hour. Wish you the best of luck. Oh, and it would be best to go there with the way you are now since you were a resident there. Oh, and apologies for the late gift that your parents gave on behalf of your friend."

"This machine will go on override in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... bzzzz..."

"Well, it looks like it is back to home. I go... as much as I would like to see him again. But my affiliation makes it difficult, and I wish to not make any trouble. Hmmm... have they arrive? " Karina spoke out loud when...

"Ding dong..."

"Hello... this is the 'Zephyr boxes'. Is this the house of Miss Kallfard?" On the other side of the door, one of the staff asked if it was the right address.

"Yes, that's me. You came just at the right time... sorry for the late moving time it was a last-minute arrangement." Karina replied as she opened the door to let the staff in,and they proceeded to pick all the boxes surprisingly in a swift manner. It was only a few minutes, and the house was completely cleared, including the larger furniture.

"Is that all miss? What about that box?" The staff asked as he wiped away his sweat from the work and the heat.

"Not needed. This is something I would like to toss out. Thank you for asking, though. Would it take about a week for all the items to be moved?" Karina replied and made a sarcastic question.

"Hahahahaha... We are called 'Zephyr boxes' for reasons we live up to our speed. These boxes will be moved within the next few hours. It won't be long." The staff gave a reply with great pride.

'Alright of for home, I go.' Karina thought to herself as she walked on to toss away the boxes at the ground floor garbage bin. Putting on the haircilp afterwards, checking on her phone camera to see how it looks, giving a soft smile as it looks nice on her hair. I walked on to the side of the road and hailed for a car to get to the airport off to her next mission.